Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Allo allo

Allo allo

Have just brought the boxed set of this comedy,and had forgotten just how good it is.For me an instant antidepressant, jaw aching :)

I remember the French Policeman Mick, used to make me laugh 20 years ago or so now.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Now you've made me miserable reminding me of something 20 years ago

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

It is good fun Mick, and the saddest thing is, they'd never get away with making it nowadays because of all the political correctness.. it's not our greatest comedy series by quite a way though.. that's Dad's Army and It Ain't Half Hot Mum a close second..

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Yes there are so many good and funny characters and i guess because i had not watched either for many years its been great to get reacquainted,and wow i do like helga!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    It is good fun Mick, and the saddest thing is, they'd never get away with making it nowadays because of all the political correctness.. it's not our greatest comedy series by quite a way though.. that's Dad's Army and It Ain't Half Hot Mum a close second..
    Yes no what you mean,do you remember love thy neighbour the white guy always got the worst of it,and it was loved by black and white viewers and probably an aid to racial harmony,but they would not be able to run it these days.

Oh yeah Love Thy Neighbour was funny at the time, but I was a kid.. and didn't realise how racist its sounded.. though as yousay it did take the piss out of the white guy because of his attitude.. but it still didn't really justify the names.. another was Mind Your Language.. take a stereotype of a dozen different peoples and countries and just take the piss again.. another that would never get made today.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    ,and wow i do like helga!
    Wot! wot! My auntie, Rene's wife, she not good enough for you eh? Let me assure you, she had a good voice in real life!

& while someone's mentioned Dads Army - she was in the spin-off Mums Army too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Wot! wot! My auntie, Rene's wife, she not good enough for you eh? Let me assure you, she had a good voice in real life!

HI GS your auntie very good actress,but must confess ,i would rather have Helga sitting on my lap.

Your auntie was Carmen Silvera, godspot?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Your auntie was Carmen Silvera, godspot?
    Only by adoption bud, my dad was her adopted little bro. Their father is called Roger S & the family are based around Coventry.

There aren't many Silvera's in this country - they emanate from Portugal but some went to America from where Roger came to UK, they are related to a Frank Silvera who was in The St Valentine's Day Massacre.

Shame to say my mum fell foul of that side of the family when my dad died way back along - my elder bro though, he's been tracing his family tree & he's the closest to them these days from our end.

It amazes me sometimes to think they are still repeating the show & I agree with much of the above, I still chuckle at Dads Army etc

Only by adoption bud, my dad was her adopted little bro. Their father is called Roger S & the family are based around Coventry.

There aren't many Silvera's in this country - they emanate from Portugal but some went to America from where Roger came to UK, they are related to a Frank Silvera who was in The St Valentine's Day Massacre.

Shame to say my mum fell foul of that side of the family when my dad died way back along - my elder bro though, he's been tracing his family tree & he's the closest to them these days from our end.

It amazes me sometimes to think they are still repeating the show & I agree with much of the above, I still chuckle at Dads Army etc
    Interesting stuff gs. You forget how big Allo Allo was back in the 80's, I guess with not so many channels then but the writing was pretty good. She did well to put up with being called 'you stupid woman' everytime Rene was caught with a barmaid for so long!

I do recall seeing her with Arthur Lowe so maybe I have seen that Dad's Army episode.

Thread Information