Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There Are A Lot Of Things To Do At Arundel

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Posting has nothing to do with the RSS, the inbound visitors dropped in 2007 and spiralled down as Google took me from PR4 to PR2. It has taken this long to get it back to PR3 and visitors are picking up again. Since late 2008 I've spent about £12,000 of my own money keeping this site going, most other sites I knew from those days have gone.
    Who said posting had anything to do with the RSS? I said the forum had gone downhill and lost a lot of regulars, you mentioned it was happening long before the RSS feeds came online and I disagreed. Not once did I say the RSS feeds were to blame. I think it's a number of factors, to be honest, and yes, RSS is one of them but there are many more. As for pumping £12,000 into the site over the past couple of years, I'd be interested as to why you have felt the need to do this but it's your business and you're obviously free to run it any way you see fit. Over the years I have offered constructive criticism to help improve the site and done more than my fair share to help out. I've put countless hours in to Auto-Sys for very little reward, often no reward at all in fact.

As for personal problems Mat, my marriage and health come before ANYTHING else.
    I'm not saying they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    As for pumping £12,000 into the site over the past couple of years, I'd be interested as to why you have felt the need to do this but it's your business.
    Because it was never started as a 'business'. I just had to go that route for tax reasons. The site when it was setup and for a few years later was paid for by me out of my gambling profits. It has, and always will be my way of putting something back, and that has always been the point of this site and the Filipino one. If they make some money to offset the costs fine, but not essential. I don't need any income from any of my sites to live on.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Agreed Mat, the forum certainly was vibrant until probably the last 6 months or so. A lot of the regulars seem to have disappeared or post infrequently these days and that's a sad thing as I've always found this a great forum, a fountain of betting knowledge and above all a really helpful community.
    I'm no longer updating some of my threads as it became a lot of work for little reward. This forum used to be a lot livelier with people sharing information and insight but it has largely been reduced to the same old faces doing what they have always done - me, Ada, Yerots, Piggy etc. Not that these threads aren't still valuable and the contributions welcomed but for me, there's only so long you can keep on putting in the effort and sharing your information when no-one else is really playing the game and doing their bit. The forum has been reduced to a couple of dozen active posters and that's about it these days.

I also agree with the point that bringing visitors to the site is of little interest to the members if they are just coming to view and buy from links. I appreciate it's a business and that is necessary for Keith but ultimately posting is the lifeblood of the forum. I guess it's up to us all to post more and try to get the forum back to it's best.
    You're right, posting is the lifeblood of any forum and as I said above the active part of the community is now very small here. Forums need quality content to encourage debate, discussion and contribution from lapsed members and new joiners but when your audience is small there is less incentive to give it your all so a downward spiral ensues.

I know you're all trying to help, so here's the offer. I'll stop the RSS feeds 100% if you all post a bit more

Sounds a good deal to me

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Sounds a good deal to me
    That is good for me, I can talk nonsense and get my post count up!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    That is good for me, I can talk nonsense and get my post count up!
    Is that you Vegy?

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Gone.....

That's better. Minimal. Clutter free. People posting, not a robot!

Thanks Keith.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Yer right

nao-robot-791451.png

Thread Information