Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Sweepstake Game - HUNGARY - 01/08/10

Formula 1 Sweepstake Game - HUNGARY - 01/08/10

On the WEDNESDAY before each race I will post up an excel spreadsheet from which your randomly chosen driver(s) will be revealed.
    There are 24 drivers competing in the 2010 F1 season, however, the spreadsheet contains 25 slots.
    24 of the slots quite obviously contain the 24 drivers’ names. The other slot contains the SAFETY CAR.

Anyone is welcome to join the game at any time.
    There is no limit to the number of players, only the number of F1 drivers !

Points will be awarded to players as follows:
    At the end of each race, players holding the names of the points scoring driver(s), (the first ten finishers), will score the SAME amount of points that are awarded to their named driver(s)…..

1st = 25pts
    2nd = 18pts
    3rd = 15pts
    4th = 12pts
    5th = 10pts
    6th = 8pts
    7th = 6pts
    8th = 4pts
    9th = 2pts
    10th = 1pt
    The player holding the SAFETY CAR will have 20pts ADDED to their total if the SAFETY CAR IS deployed during the race.
    However they will LOSE 20pts from their total if the SAFETY CAR is NOT deployed during the race.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
    Each day between Wednesday and Friday before each race, players may pick and post ONE number between 1 and 25 here on the game thread (first come first served).
    Players may continue to pick/post ONE number each day (first come first served) until ALL the numbers have been allocated.
    Players may NOT post retrospectively, ie if a player fails to pick/post a number on, say, Wednesday, they CANNOT pick/post two numbers on Thursday.
    Only ONE number can be picked each day.

I will then PM (or Email) you 2 PASSWORDS.....the first (SHEET PASSWORD) will give you access to the Excel spreadsheet, and the second (NUMBER PASSWORD) will correspond to the number you have chosen.
    Open the spreadsheet (attached below) and copy and paste the NUMBER PASSWORD into the appropriate cell and your driver's name will be revealed

If you want to keep your selection(s) to yourself, that's fine.....but if you want to disclose/share/discuss your selection(s) with other players, please feel free to do so here on the game thread.

PLEASE NOTE: At the end of each race, if your driver(s) finish in the points you must reveal yourself as the 'owner' of the driver(s) concerned in order to get the points awarded added to your score.

If you fail to identify yourself as the 'owner' of a point scoring driver then the points will go 'unclaimed' and no points will be awarded.

However, if you have revealed the identity of your drivers before/during the race in thread posts/discussions, then there is no need to identify yourself again at the end of the race.....points will automatically be awarded as appropriate.

At the end of each race I will post an updated Results and Leaders Table.
    The player who has amassed the most points at the end of the season will win an Amazon Voucher.

PLEASE EITHER CHECK OTHER PLAYERS' POSTS TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHOOSE A NUMBER THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PICKED BY SOMEONE ELSE......OR REFER TO THE LIST BELOW TO SEE WHICH NUMBERS ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION

Numbers Still Available For Selection - RACE 12 - HUNGARY:

Good luck to you all.

I have added a second spreadsheet "Hungary F1 2010B" below which is in the same format as the one that was used for last weekend's German Grand Prix for those players who cannot or don't want to have to "Enable Macros" each time they open the main sheet.
    This secondary sheet has just the 1 password needed to open it.
    The password will be posted here and in the game thread once ALL the driver numbers have been picked.

The password needed to open the 'Hungary F1 2010B' attachment below is: D9F156K4ah

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll start at the top with number 1 again please Ada

I'll start at the botom (Why change the habit of a lifetime ). 25 please Ada.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

23 please Ada

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

3 please Ada

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

7 Please

17 please

Number 6 please Ada.

Just a quick one Ada – I won't have much internet access this weekend, so may not be able to quickly confirm/reveal my drivers once the spreadsheet password is made available. Please let me know if this is going to be an issue... Thanks.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

ANNOUNCEMENT

You will probably have noticed that when you open the spreadsheet you now get a "Disable Macros/Enable Macros" security warning window appear.
    For the spreadsheet to 'work' properly you need to click on the "Enable Macros" button.
    I can promise you that there is nothing sinister embedded in the code used in creating the spreadsheet, but if you are not happy with enabling Macros, please shout, and I will post up the simplified sheet ie the same format as used in the German race.

2 please Ada

4 Please Ada.

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

2=Vitantonio Liuzzi

23 is Buemi

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

1 was the other Toro Rosso - Alguersuari

ANNOUNCEMENT

According to the BBC Sakon Yamamoto will replace Karun Chandok for the second race in a row as Hispania continue rotating drivers.
    Yamamoto replaced Chandhok in Germany and will replace the Indian driver again in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Quote Originally Posted by RULES
    WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
    Each day between Wednesday and Friday before each race, players may pick and post ONE number between 1 and 25 here on the game thread (first come first served).
    Players may continue to pick/post ONE number each day (first come first served) until ALL the numbers have been allocated.
    Players may NOT post retrospectively, ie if a player fails to pick/post a number on, say, Wednesday, they CANNOT pick/post two numbers on Thursday.
    Only ONE number can be picked each day.
    New players may join the game at any time.
    OK guys.....

It's now Thursday and at the time of writing the numbers yet to be picked are:

8-16 inclusive
    18-22 inclusive

So, ANYONE who wants to pick ONE number for Thursday from the list above.....please feel free.
    This includes:
    a) anyone picking a number for the first time
    AND
    b) anyone who picked a number yesterday (Wednesday) & wants to increase their chances of scoring some/more points with a second selection.

Make sure you confirm that numbers you would like to choose from the list above have NOT been picked in posts made after this one.........alternatively refer to the first post of this thread for a more up-to-date list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT

You will probably have noticed that when you open the spreadsheet you now get a "Disable Macros/Enable Macros" security warning window appear.
    For the spreadsheet to 'work' properly you need to click on the "Enable Macros" button.
    I can promise you that there is nothing sinister embedded in the code used in creating the spreadsheet, but if you are not happy with enabling Macros, please shout, and I will post up the simplified sheet ie the same format as used in the German race.

Sorry for being a door knob Ada, but I'm on open office and even though I worked out how to enable macros (eventually ) it still doesn't seem to be working.

This probably isn't anything to do with the spreadsheet or open office, probably just my incompetence!

The Vegster!

number 18 please

The Vegster!

25 - Mark Webber
    18 - Chandok or now Yamamoto

The Vegster!

8 please Ada

ANNOUNCEMENT

I have added a second spreadsheet "Hungary F1 2010B" to Post #1 which is in the same format as the one that was used for last weekend's German Grand Prix for those players who cannot or don't want to have to "Enable Macros" each time they open the main sheet.
    This secondary sheet has just the 1 password needed to open it.
    The password will be posted in the game thread and in Post #1 once ALL the driver numbers have been picked.

I will continue to PM players with their individual driver/number passwords for those of you who are OK using the main spreadsheet : "Hungary F1 2010"

Hi Ada,

Thanks for the explanations you sent me, I'm fine with whichever format is easiest and thank you also for letting me know about posting my drivers...

I'll plump for number 12 next please...

Thanks

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Hi Ada,

I'm getting "Compiler Error in Module: Module 1" when I try to paste my password into the cell... not sure if it's because I'm using a Mac – could be? Is anybody else having difficulties?

No worries if it's a small glitch you're working on – I can look at this post-weekend.

Good luck to all for race day!

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

13 please Ada

5 please Ada

10 Please Ada.

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

24 for me please Ada

9 please Ada

My keyboard's running out of ink....

8 is Hulkenberg

3 is Glock
    13 is Senna

Thread Information