i live in an ex council house and next door to me are 2 blocks of 4 maisonettes which were when the council owned them specifically for the elderly and disabled,they are nice little 1 bed places my mate who has chronic arthritis has one, all have hand rails, sockets half way up the wall, emergency help buttons and intercoms.
since the housing association have taken them over the emergency buttons and intercoms have been taken out and they are giving them out to anybody, so i now have as my downstairs next door neighbour a female smack head, sorry i recovering addict on methadone, no i was right the first time a smack head, has her methadone every day but she's still bang at it.she's now set up shop flogging stolen goods and has all her junkie mates dropping off their shoplifting hauls, needless to say the old bill have shown an interest and have visited with the big red key twice allready, which i must say has been quite entertaining, i did ring the HA up and asked if it was the best use of resources and was basically told to sod off and mind my own buissness.
to put the icing on the cake they have now moved in 2 doors up an old alky and he has all his alky mates coming round with their carrier bags of tinnies.
oh well perhaps they both need the hand rails when they are off their tits.