Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Derren Brown's Hero at 30,000 feet.

Derren Brown's Hero at 30,000 feet.

I just don't know whether to believe everything when it comes to these sort of specials.

The reactions seem unrealistic.

The actions seem too staged.

Sometimes things just don't quite add up!

Having watched this one, I have to say I found almost everything that happened unrealistic and just too difficult to believe.

I know some of you may say 'you mean it has taken you this long to doubt him' but up till now everything he has done seemed to be at least feasible.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I agree Vegy.

His televised stage/theatre shows that I've seen over the years have all impressed me, but his 'specials' have nearly all had exactly the opposite effect on me.
    I thought the lottery number prediction show was particularly bad, but this one.......well, least said the better IMO.
    In the interests of keeping the show as realistic as possible (or NOT in this case) I'm sure that landing a passenger plane manually (along with never before having been inside a plane's cockpit) is a tad more difficult than portrayed on this show.......and even once he HAD touched down there didn't seem to be much emphasis put on the process of bringing the plane to a stop.....or have I totally missed the point of this programme?
    I'm happy enough to 'go along' with Brown's methods of changing the guy's mindset and motivations, but using the scenario of landing a 'pilot-less' passenger plane as the grand finale to demonstrate his (Brown's) 'remarkable skills' doesn't quite ring true to me I'm afraid.

Also, what was the point of the programme being broadcast live?

Flying a plane, landing and takeing off is not difficult actually..... technology does most of it for you these days, and pilots are generally only there now for navigation and emergencies.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Derren Brown is losing the plot. He is a brilliant, talented performer but the programmes he has been doing lately have been nonsense. That last night was embarrassing. It might all be true but the way it is done, it looks false, you wouldnt know if they were not all acting. & what was the point of making him a hero at the end of the day, he landed a plane like something from your PS3...as has been said I dont think it is as easy as that eh.

As for the 'live' part of the show, I am not sure it was. They say these things are live but I would bet the only live bits were his links at the beginning and at the end of the programme. Big Brother evictions are supposed to be live but they are about 30-40 mins behind. When Brown gave a time check at the beginning he said it was coming up to 10pm, it was about 10-02pm...so maybe that wasn't live either, accuracy is pretty important when doing something like that. at 30,000 feet I say.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Haven't even seen this, and don't even know what you're talking about... looks like I'm playing catch up TV!

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Did anyone catch his show where he visited of people with special skills everyone of them was a fake and mad , maybe he should do one on himself

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    Did anyone catch his show where he visited of people with special skills everyone of them was a fake and mad , maybe he should do one on himself
    Yes where he was with the medium and the American ghosthunter? He did make them look silly...now he does it to himself! The Ghosterhunter Lou Gentile died in 2009 of cancer so not sure when that was filmed?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thread Information