Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: spotify

spotify

never heard of this until today,this was reccomended by a friend.
    it is an app that lets you listen to any music that you want.
    the free version plays ads something like every 5 tracks but this is an excellent app and would highly reccomend it

Yep, it's a great music utility and is also very quick at finding music you search for. You can connect it with Facebook too, so you can listen to your friend's playlists and share music. Have they re-enabled new user signups now? You couldn't sign up for the free version a week ago.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I signed up a few years ago but I believe now you can be on the free version which allows 20 hours music a month. I am sure I get more ads than I used to though-not bad for free though.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I think the ads appear once every 20 minutes of music played, or at least that was the case when I joined. They may have upped it. :(

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

John, have you checked out Grooveshark, that's pretty good too.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Hey Matt, whilst I found Grooveshark to be quite a quirky way to browse through specific types of music (for instance I found a LOT of remixes) I did find it somewhat generally difficult to use. Do you use it, and if so, do you suffer the same problems?

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

yes guys ive tried grooveshark,and its pretty good.it doesnt look as polished as spotify, but there dont seem to be any restrictions to your listenings,where spotify restricts you to 20 hours per month,but cant grumble to free music eh!!!

Yes John it is kind of quirky, but I usually just search for the band/singer etc then go from there or a song title if there's something in particular that I'm looking for.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

The good thing about spotify for the Iphone as well is that you can add songs to your playlist then put them as offline therefore you can listen to them on your iphone without using an internet connection and using bandwidth up

I have spotify premium so im not sure if this works with free Spotify

Absolutely Tony, I do the same re: Spotify for iPhone – for example it enabled me to sync the new Kings Of Leon album to my iPhone as soon as it was released, and then listen on the move.

You can't do that with the free version of Spotify, no, you do need the Premium version to get the iPhone version, but for £10 per month it's a bargain.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Thread Information