Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Greyhound Racing is it a good medium for Statistic betting and systems?

Greyhound Racing is it a good medium for Statistic betting and systems?

Hi W2W

First post after lurking for a while and there seem to be a few decent people on here.

I love greyhound racing and prefer to place my bets and trades using historical data to predict results. I am not a huge bettor but my turnover is fairly large as i bet in most races in the daytime.

I have been members of the known greyhound stats and ratings websites such as Trapform and Greyhound Predictor in the past and have kept my head above the water using these comparing them to my own figures.

Apart from Grade, Time, Split Times are there any other data figures that people use when producing there own ratings and systems on the dogs?

I would like to produce my own website eventually but putting a database into a website is a bit above my capabilities at the moment but some of the websites mentioned have been going for 6 or 7 years so they must be doing ok although the hare on the move closed down a year or so ago but i never tried that site.

Be gentle with me as my data collecting is very basic and pc knowledge isnt that great as i am a late starter but love greyhound racing, Systems and Stats.

A lot of sites have been struggling the last 2-3 years, they are not a goldmine as you may think. If you look at the RP ads you'll see the same sites advertised daily as turnover of customers is so high.

I used to keep greyhound data on in the 80's on an Amstrad PC with a whopping 128 MB memory ... I used to make money from that but my interest had always been in horses.

Greyhound races is easier, 6 runners, and if you stick to Open races it get even easier to pick the winners.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

I used to keep greyhound data on in the 80's on an Amstrad PC with a whopping 128 MB memory
    That was probably 128Kb memory back then, you'd have needed to mortgage most of London to afford 128Mb in the 80's!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I paid £1 a MB with my first HD

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information