Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: All My Speed Based Conclusions

All My Speed Based Conclusions

AGREE AND DISAGREE WELLCOME .. ..

HORSE: Speed Horse ran in its last race a significantly faster speed rating than today's class rating.
    Horse ran a speed rating in its last race three points or more higher than today's class rating (maximum 45 day layoff). Conclusion: horse ran a speed rating vastly superior to today's class rating, repeat effort would make horse tough to beat today.

HORSE: Speed Horse was a beaten favorite in its last race, but ran well in a strong race for the level.
    Horse was a beaten favorite in last race and ran a speed rating higher than the class rating of the last race. Conclusion: horse lost as a favorite, but competed in a strong race that was run faster than par, could make amends today.

HORSE: Speed Horse has run increasingly faster, showing significant improvement over the last three races. Horse has increasing speed ratings in last two races and the last race speed rating must be at least five points higher than the third race back. Conclusion: horse is improving each race and has made a significant improvement since the third race back.

HORSE: Speed Horse lost, was close at the stretch call in its last race and ran a faster speed rating than in its previous two races. Horse lost, was first, second, or third at the stretch call in its last race and earned a speed rating at least two points higher than in each of its two previous races. Conclusion: horse was in contention at the stretch, and ran a faster race than its previous two, rounding into form.

HORSE: Speed Horse lost, finished in a closer position to the winner than in its previous race while running a faster speed rating than in its previous two races. Horse lost, finished two positions or more closer to the winner than in its previous race and earned a speed rating at least two points higher than in its previous two races. Conclusion: horse is improving finish position and speed rating, rounding into form.

HORSE: Speed Horse ran significantly faster speed ratings in its last two races than today's class rating. Horse's last two speed ratings are at least three points higher than today's class rating. Conclusion: horse has run a speed rating vastly superior to today's class rating in back to back races, same effort would make horse tough to beat today.

HORSE: Speed Horse has run at least as fast as today's class rating in five consecutive races. Horse has speed ratings equal to or better than today's class rating in its last five races (maximum 45 day layoff). Conclusion: a very consistent horse that has speed ratings which fit today's class level.

HORSE: Speed Horse has significantly faster speed ratings on average at today's distance and surface than the morning line favorite. Horse has an average speed rating at the distance/surface at least three points higher than the morning line favorite (maximum 45 day layoff). Conclusion: horse is consistently faster at today's distance/surface than the morning line favorite.

HORSE: Speed Horse is dropping in class and has the fastest speed ratings on average in the field at today's distance and surface. Conclusion: horse is running in a race with a lower class rating than its last race and has the fastest speed in the field at today's distance/surface.

HORSE: Speed Horse is 5:2 or higher on the morning line and has significantly faster speed ratings on average than the rest of the field. Horse has morning line odds of 5/2 or higher with an average speed rating that is at least three points higher than today's class rating. Conclusion: horse has attractive morning line odds, and on average runs faster than today's class rating.

HORSE: Speed Horse is 5:2 or higher on the morning line and has run a significantly faster speed rating at today's distance and surface than any other horse in the field. Horse has morning line odds of 5/2 or higher with a minimum of a five point advantage in highest speed rating at the distance/surface over the next rated horse. Conclusion: horse has attractive morning line odds and has run significantly faster at today's distance/surface than any other horse in the field.

HORSE: Speed Horse is 5:2 or higher on the morning line, has run a faster speed rating at today's distance and surface than any other horse in the field, and is ridden by an apprentice jockey. Horse has morning line odds of 5/2 or higher, has the highest speed rating at today's distance/surface by at least three points and is ridden by an apprentice jockey. Conclusion: horse has attractive morning line odds, has run faster at today's distance/surface than any other horse in the field, and gets a weight break.

This thread viewed 347 tmes, but nobody wrote something .. .. this site is forum for sharing .. .. come on mates .. ..

Ps: speed rating is TS ( racingpost topspeed rating)
    ..... class rating is OR ( official rating)

TO ALL MEMBERS

If you love All My Speed Based Conclusions, you can operate this thread .. .. Because i haven't time to operating that .. .. please, post all proficient horse(s) according to All My Speed Based Conclusions.. .. thanks in advance..

SPEED SOURCE BETTING .. ..

Plumpton 15:30 / High Oscar 6/1 (TR)
    Plumpton 16:30 / Ethiopia 3/1 (NAP)

Stratford 16:10 / Kings Revenge 14/1 (LUCKY15)

Taunton 16:20 / Semi Detached 18/1 (NB)

What I like is a horse with the biggest figures that has ran the least times. Simple

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    What I like is a horse with the biggest figures that has ran the least times. Simple
    As always what i say in my signature .. .. Don't be afraid of losing runs - a loser is the next step before a big price winner.

SPEED SOURCE TV SELECTIONS .. ..

2:05 Doncaster Handicap (2) 4yo+ 1m Going : Good - Stalls : High
    10 - Pintura 25/1

2:20 Kempton williamhill.com Magnolia Stakes (Listed Race) (1) 4yo+ 1m 2f Going : Standard - Stalls : Low
    1 - Penitent 11/4

2:35 Doncaster williamhill.com Cammidge Trophy (Listed Race) (1) 3yo+ 6f Going : Good - Stalls : High
    9 - Lovelace 14/1

3:10 Doncaster Handicap (2) 4yo+ 1m Going : Good - Stalls : High
    5 - Axiom 50/1 PLACED.. Tote Place: £11.70

3:25 Kempton Handicap (2) 4yo+ 1m 3f Going : Standard - Stalls : Low
    8 - Averroes 7/1

Pintura travelled well for a long way but is another who should come on for the run; watch out for him at Chester later in the season.

Lovelace led inside the last furlong but this strong stayer was trying this trip for the first time in ages and will be more effective over further next time.

Axiom was fourth home, meaning that three of the first four finishers were drawn above 15. He is fairly exposed but showed plenty of zest and may yet return to the winners' enclosure this season.

Favourite Penitent was a major disappointment. Jockey Frankie Dettori had him in a fairly close-up fourth throughout, but the warning signs were there on the turn for home and he was well-held in the end. He was conceding weight all-round but he has the class to shrug that aside. Ultimately his three runs at further than a mile have been disappointing and one would assume that he will not contest races over this distance again.

Averroes came next, and was disappointing. Backed into favouritism, Clive Cox's charge had a lovely tow through on the inside for the first mile. He then got a dream run turning for home, and was the first to lay down a challenge to Red Cadeaux.

SPEED SOURCE TV SELECTIONS

2:00 Aintree BGC Partners Liverpool Hurdle (Grade 1) (1) 4yo+ 3m 110y Going : Good to Soft
    Karabak 25/1 A P McCoy | A King

2:30 Aintree Matalan Anniversary 4-Y-O Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 1) (1) 4yo 2m 110y Going : Good to Soft
    Zarkandar 1/1 evens R Walsh | P Nicholls

3:05 Aintree totesport Bowl Chase (Grade 1) (1) 5yo+ 3m 1f Going : Good to Soft
    Denman 11/8 R Walsh | P Nicholls

3:40 Aintree John Smith's Fox Hunters' (Class 2) (2) 6yo+ 2m 5f 110y Going : Good to Soft
    Kilty Storm 14/1
    Mr D L Queally | Roger Joseph

4:15 Aintree matalan.co.uk Red Rum Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (1) 5yo+ 2m Going : Good to Soft
    Woolcombe Folly 15/2 Mr R Mahon (5) | P Nicholls

SPEED SOURCE BETTING

12 May 2011

Newmarket 20:00 Masai Moon, Primaeval
    Newmarket 17:45 Collect Art
    Salisbury 16:55 French Art, George Baker
    York 13:30 Foxy Music, Falasteen

SPEED SOURCE BETTING

25 May 2011

Beverley 21:00 Pretty Diamond 5/2
    Beverley 20:30 Dr Red Eye 11/4
    Ayr 17:25 Bentley 25/1
    Ayr 16:55 Trojan Gift 11/4
    Ayr 15:50 En Fuego 28/1
    Ayr 15:15 Judge n Jury 9/2

nice read

Market Rasen 3-45 Handicap Chase (Class 1) 22f

OSTLAND rates top on the clock courtesy of his victory over this course and distance three weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by biyax View Post
    nice read

Market Rasen 3-45 Handicap Chase (Class 1) 22f

OSTLAND rates top on the clock courtesy of his victory over this course and distance three weeks ago
    He topped my figs too but a shame he a NR as we unlikely to get a decent price about him for a while now

He topped my figs too but a shame he a NR as we unlikely to get a decent price about him for a while now
    There is different kinds of speed figures on internet and media, Which Ones Are The best?

There is different kinds of speed figures on internet and media, Which Ones Are The best?
    Me dunno - hard question - do know that my top rated's had the 1,2,3 in the first at York & Racing Posts TopSpeed was ?/still running -

another race I like at York 4.10 - they got Choisan & Tip Top G as joint top - I got Choisan well clear but quite fancy one of R Fahey's to split them too -

I would say it shouldn't matter whose figs you use - it's how you use them that's more important.

I know, Speed is not unimportant, but not good enough in flat racing. There is too many angels.

Here is an example :

When the weather is sunny and warm, the Polytrack “tightens up” and horses
    with an early energy distribution perform best.
    However, when the weather turns cool, cloudy and damp, take note!...off-thepace
    and closers are at a decided advantage and are often overlooked by the
    unsuspecting betting public. So, check current weather conditions before making your final decisions.

I know, Speed is not unimportant, but not good enough in flat racing. There is too many angels.

Here is an example :
    Oh.... it's angles... not angels - for a minute there I thought Gobro was back!

But yeh, did you hear former jump jockey, Mick Fitzgerald on the beeb yesterday?

'1/2 these races you can throw the ratings out the window, it all depends how the race is run.'

& then there was another good quote on C4 by Jim McGrath yesterday too when Twice Over returned to form,

'Form is temporary, class is permanent.'

I am newbie on this forum, so i can not edit my post because i have not enough post yet anyway that is my spell fault also i didn't follow mick and jim so far

I know, Speed is not unimportant, but not good enough in flat racing. There is too many angles.

Here is an example :

When the weather is sunny and warm, the Polytrack “tightens up” and horses
    with an early energy distribution perform best.
    However, when the weather turns cool, cloudy and damp, take note!...off-thepace
    and closers are at a decided advantage and are often overlooked by the
    unsuspecting betting public. So, check current weather conditions before making your final decisions.

'1/2 these races you can throw the ratings out the window, it all depends how the race is run.'
    Class laughs at pace.

& then there was another good quote on C4 by Jim McGrath yesterday too when Twice Over returned to form,

'Form is temporary, class is permanent.'
    I don't agree with that. The Class is temporary too. Successful punters normally use multiple methods to rate the contenders on speed, pace, and class. Trips and biases can not be ignored. And must also rate trainers and jockeys, the easy part.

Thread Information