Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Eurovision 2011 - Boyband Blue - the UK Entry...

Eurovision 2011 - Boyband Blue - the UK Entry...

Oh dear.....just heard our song...IMO it's not the best and it doesn't stand a hope in hell of winning......the following is pasted from media site(s)....

Simon Webbe said (via BBC): "We don't see this as career suicide even if a lot of people will see it that way. It's a great way to show we are a live group and we are back after 10 years."

Duncan James said: "We felt quite privileged to be asked. How many opportunities do you get to represent your country?"

The song is called 'I Can,' and features the potentially embarrassing line "I've never lost anything quite like this."

The boys will perform it in public for the first time on 'The Graham Norton Show' on Friday night (11 March), as part of the preparations for the event itself, which takes place on 14 May in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Blue are hoping to be the first UK act to win since Katrina And The Waves conquered all in 1997.

Blue will be competing with Jedward at Eurovision, as the Grimes twins are representing Ireland.

The UK came last in 2003, 2008 and 2010.

James said: "People always say the UK aren't particularly liked in Europe and we don't get the points, but they're trying to change the block voting so it becomes less political."

Lee Ryan disagrees, arguing that the reason for the UK's poor performance is much simpler: "It's nothing to do with being English. It's because we haven't put a good song in for a long time."

IMO this song is not a 'Euro-type' song and will only accelerate the UK's decline into Eurovision obscurity....

....however Iron Chris has been our Eurovision forum expert for the last 6 years, so I could be totally wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Ryan
    .... "the reason for the UK's poor performance is much simpler: "It's nothing to do with being English. It's because we haven't put a good song in for a long time."
    And he thinks this song is the one to beat..........dream on Lee.
    What's the saying...."Wake up and smell the coffee"

We could submit the best song ever (not by Blue, by the way) and still not win.
    The UK are pretty much despised by the rest of Europe nowadays, so our chances of actually winning are virtually zero.

I dont understand why they want to do this but then it is Blue! Maybe they'll be performing the song on iceskates?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thread Information