Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Elderly 'cut food to buy heating'

Post Elderly 'cut food to buy heating'

The poorest pensioner households cut their food spending during very cold spells of weather to cover the cost of heating, a report says.

More...

I wonder how long before all the major companies put their prices up. I swear they all get in a room and say, "it is your turn to go first this time". Competition my . Lookout the NHS.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Exactly Scoobs, and they tweak the figures a wee bit each time to make it look like some are increasing less than others, but overall the effect is pretty much the same. Shower of money grabbing greedy . And no doubt the Tory voters on here think it's okay for companies to do this sort of thing at the expense of the poorest people in the country... Time the whole lot were re-nationalised, and not at the taxpayers expense, just give them a token amount, say a pound, because they''ve milked the utilities and ther customers for far too long.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

& it's all set to get worse if this is anything to go by - actually there's a littler tip at the end of this:

Scottish Power raises gas bills by 19% | Money | guardian.co.uk
    7 Jun 2011 ... Utility 'rip-off' row as SSE says gas bills may increase despite 50% rise ... But most of you cheered when house prices were going up 20%pa ...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/.../jun/.....ises-gas-bills

"A spokesman for Moneysupermarket.com said: "This is a huge increase. Now really is the time to get on to the best-priced energy tariff for your usage level and area you live.

"The cheapest online energy tariff is currently Online Saver 10 offered by EDF Energy with average annual bills of £940 but, in the face of rising prices, opting for the market-leading fixed product Fix Saver v2, from EDF Energy with average bills of £1,009, is the best way to safeguard against further price increases from the energy giants."

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

You would think that one thing a government would do would be to state all companies have to charge in the same way, that should have been done way back. So as everyone can see who is the cheapest. No standing charges, no lower rate and higher rate...one rate for all of them so we know who is the cheapest, therefore we can see if there is real competition....even though we know it is all about making shed loads of money for themselves.

As for pensioners, this government secretly cut the winter payments in the last budget. These cuts along with the disgraceful cuts on disabled people show what a real government is like, how we treat the most vunerable in our society even given these hard times.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

I've got my heating on and the door open .... trying to do my bit for global warming

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I've got my heating on and the door open .... trying to do my bit for global warming
    My ex wife does her bit too, all that hot air....

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Chris Huhne urges energy customers to switch suppliers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13740903

Prime example of a multi-millionaire cabinet member who has never changed energy supplier in his life, they just don't get it do they. When they all put their prices up within 3 months of each other, it is virtually a cartel you ..therefore there is no real competition.

Thread Information