Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Trainer to watch

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Trainer to watch

Just been browsing Racing Post and have been looking at a small trainer Louise Davis

Only has 4 horses listed and each of their four last races

Equity Release F251
    Hollies Favourite 8162
    Supreme Team 3225
    Welcome Stranger 2545

Every horse she has in training been placed in last 4 races at least once so she is doing something right.

Hollies Favourite will be running tomorrow 4:40 at Uttoxeter currently 9.0 on betfair. tomorrows timeform states

Settled better under patient tactics when second at Hereford in September and improved when winning 2m seller at Worcester in June. Failed to stay 2?m there last time, and not dismissed.

As she is such a small trainer the odds will be a lot better than if this horse was with one of the big stables so if odds worth it must be worth an e/w bet

what do people think am i looking to much into this

Trouble with that lowe is that one of those wins & probably some of those places must have been when horse was with a different trainer

WINS RUNS % 2NDS 3RDS 4THS WIN PRIZE TOTAL PRIZE £1 STAKE
    NHF 0 0 — 0 0 0 £0.00 £0.00 +0.00
    HURDLE 1 41 2 5 1 5 £1,691.30 £5,958.02 -15.00
    CHASE 0 0 — 0 0 0 £0.00 £0.00 +0.00

On the plus side - she is having her best season so far & of her two runners - 1 has won & one came second - whatever happens tomorrow - her next runner should be due to run in October!

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Trouble with that lowe is that one of those wins & probably some of those places must have been when horse was with a different trainer
    All the results have happened while Louise Davis had the Horses the only one that was with a different trainer was Equity Release win

I was thinking of putting up Brian Ellison as a trainer to watch out for - hell, I might even do it if Isheforreal is placed or better in the first @ Thirsk -

Trainer patterns having a positive ROI is very important

Does anybody pay any attention to trainer's RTF figures(Running to form) over the last 14 days.

Taking one race at random, Hello Glory won today for trainer D. Simcock whose RTF was 62% Is that good and could that be used for profit?

I recently noticed that G. Promodriou had an RTF of 100% but couldn't remember any of his winners so I did a bit of checking.

He only had 5 runners, Two x 2nd, Two x 3rd, and one x 5th so maybe his horses WERE running to form, but what good is his 100% RTF when it comes to picking winners?

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    Does anybody pay any attention to trainer's RTF figures(Running to form) over the last 14 days.

Taking one race at random, Hello Glory won today for trainer D. Simcock whose RTF was 62% Is that good and could that be used for profit?

I recently noticed that G. Promodriou had an RTF of 100% but couldn't remember any of his winners so I did a bit of checking.

He only had 5 runners, Two x 2nd, Two x 3rd, and one x 5th so maybe his horses WERE running to form, but what good is his 100% RTF when it comes to picking winners?
    Interesting concept - David Simcock had a winner today @ Ffos Las when he was clear top rated on RTF% -

there was also two winners at Redcar Weds - trainer (D O'Meara & T Coyle 20/1) between 60-70% but clear top....

That G Promodriou - looking at my Hot Trainer spreadsheet - he's only had one good month in the last 13 so far, reckon he's too inconsistent & maybe with figs 80%+ maybe trainer doesn't have enough runners?

These figs RTF are a recent addition to the Weekender - I could gradually add trainer % to the Hot Trainer spreadsheet (have notes about 314 trainers at present & regularly updated & it's a GoogleDoc so if anyone wants to share, send me email/message) & see how it goes but I'm struggling to keep up with it all, far too much racing for my liking

Thread Information