Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: "It's a Cracker" Farewell to "The Way He Told 'Em"

"It's a Cracker" Farewell to "The Way He Told 'Em"

Frank Carson - RIP

Another one gone to join:-
    Eric Morecambe, Bernard Manning, Tommy Cooper, Spike Milligan, Norman Wisdom et al, along with fellow "Comedians" stars Charlie Williams & Mike Reid - part of a dying brand of British comedy that will NEVER be replicated.

I was just thinking that, not many of the 'old' breed of comedians left any more

I always found Frank irritatingly funny

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

'Irritatingly funny' is a good way of putting it - I was thinking 'the jokes were pathetic the laughter infectious'

'The Goons' now a dose of one of their shows now and then is funny and lets not forget 'I'm sorry I'll read that again' the antidote to quiz shows.

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

Frank was old enough to be my grandad, but give me his type of comic any day over the ever-so PC, wannabe smart@rses conning punters nowadays with their achingly unfunny 'observational humour' tripe. Monty Python were nice blokes but Jeez do they have a lot to answer for by inspiring - if that's the right word - a lot of pretentious bozos into thinking a career in comedy was for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
    'Irritatingly funny' is a good way of putting it - I was thinking 'the jokes were pathetic the laughter infectious'

'The Goons' now a dose of one of their shows now and then is funny and lets not forget 'I'm sorry I'll read that again' the antidote to quiz shows.

I had been just convinced that, not most of the 'old' variety of comics left anymore

Thread Information