Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: monday morning moans

monday morning moans

Just had a telephone call asking for me -
    saying they are the computer maintence department and that my computer has a virus - if I could switch on the computer etc etc - kept asking which company etc
    - they just kept saying computer maintence dept - as I work from home - assume this is a phishing call ...

Next grumble had a call asking for my wife - who's calling please - for security reasons we are not allowed to say (I think it was Lloyds bank but anyway) so I said for security reasons I am not allowed to say whether she is here or not....

Final moan - had a call from the RAC asking for me - now you know they want to flog you something - but wait for it - they wanted to ask me security questions to confirm it was me - before they told me what the call was about - I just said you must be joking - goodbye....

That's the way it is today, when people phone me, if they don't say who they are I just hang up as I can't be wasting time on people who are impolite.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I do wonder about the first call though - it could have been my ISP or such like but cannot really imagine it would be - and no I do not have any maintence contracts etc etc

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyone View Post
    so I said for security reasons I am not allowed to say whether she is here or not....
    Haha, very good!

As for the first one, pretty sure it's a scam. This ones been doing the rounds for a few years now.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...a-call-centres

If you're prepared you can have a little fun with them.

Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

Do the RAC really think I am going to spend my time answering security questions to prove who I am so they can sell me car insurance (I would guess).

Another grumble but it's my own fault - do not answer telephone surveys no matter how legit they sound because you will then receive telephone offers/charity requests from a load of companies ........

Thread Information