Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Pattern Class Entered First Time Out

Pattern Class Entered First Time Out

Here's an interesting angle that produces a few winners under either code but today there are two qualifiers going...

Basically, take note of horses that are entered up in pattern class first time out & then drop out as NR's & return at some point in lower class - you could follow them until they win their maidens?

3.10 Newb - Curl, was entered in the Listed first race at York has gone for easier option.

4.30 Newm - Pink Damsel, entered also for Listed 2.10 York, again takes easier option.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

God, life doesn't half take the P at times - that 3.10 Curl just lost while I just had two un-backed top rated winners, Fennell Bay & Resplendent Light - chuffing blink & u miss smth!

Anyway, was just going to say - a bit like yesterday: Yesterday's time-of-the-meet at Salisbury, had to wait 7 starts & upped 3 furlongs in trip but first time since debut was a decent price - Traveller's Tales - XoM PB 93+ WW off brisk p 57dys 10g Salis +14 Improved trip May 12 - Listed E'd FTO but NR Jun 11 - Cape Cross filly owned by Queen

Plenty of high priced winners going in the last week pushing the SR over what it should be, so a few fancied runners should have a run soon to put it right again.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post

3.10 Newb - Curl, was entered in the Listed first race at York has gone for easier option.

4.30 Newm - Pink Damsel, entered also for Listed 2.10 York, again takes easier option.
    2/1 winner Pink Damsel - thankfully she drifted back out, I thought she was getting backed off the boards but

3.55 Weth - "WELL SHARP could be a tough nut to crack if translating his useful Flat form to this game. A good third at Royal Ascot last term, he cost new connections 250,000 guineas and it will be disappointing if he can't make a big splash at this level for his in-form stable.[Steve Boow]" says in the RP

but Triumph Hurdle Entered NR first time out as a hurdler - gets a stone from the principals & McCoy 10 7, 6/4 at present

3.55 Weth - "WELL SHARP could be a tough nut to crack if translating his useful Flat form to this game. A good third at Royal Ascot last term, he cost new connections 250,000 guineas and it will be disappointing if he can't make a big splash at this level for his in-form stable.[Steve Boow]" says in the RP

but Triumph Hurdle Entered NR first time out as a hurdler - gets a stone from the principals & McCoy 10 7, 6/4 at present
    Wins 9/4 & another that drifted from early odds - 2 from 3 now, so expect some losers

The above mentioned CURL, goes in the 2.55 @ Hayd bit of an awkward race but I think I have some stats somewhere that suggest Pat Dobbs being profitable for Hannon when horses 2nd start?

2/4 after that Curl disappointed again...

Trainer Mick Channon is enjoying a good run at present & has a few prospects today & I quite confident he'll have a winner, as to whether it'll be

8.35 Bev - Shivsingh

is anyone's guess but seems to be drifting to a fair EW price for one rated 63 that made their debut in a Listed race & once boasted a Derby entry.

Another Non-Runner?

Still 2/4 after yesterday NR - not too confident about today's offering

6.35 Newc - Ana Emaratiya

Trainer is 19% SR with 2yo's this season so far but stats for course not brilliant & didn't show much when nearer last than first at York

2/5 after that little disappointment but while the racing is a bit poor I thought I'd have a look ahead - these are un-raced 2yo's that hold an entry in the Grade Two Railway Stakes 30th Jun 2012 @ the Curragh -

the ones to get really excited about are those with 20 or more Dosage Points (in brackets) or where I say "DC too!" [book about that coming soon]

Afonso De Sousa - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 7-1-26-6-0 (40) DI = 1.11 CD = 0.23 DC too! rels inc 10f 128rpr

George Vancouver - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 7-6-23-6-0 (42) DI = 1.40 CD = 0.33 DC too! rels inc 8f 114rpr

King Of The Romans - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 7-6-15-4-0 (32) DI = 1.78 CD = 0.50

Mars - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 5-2-13-4-0 (24) DI = 1.29 CD = 0.33 DC too!

Mohawk Lane - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 10-4-14-8-0 (36) DI = 1.40 CD = 0.44

Nevis - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 1-2-6-0-1 (10) DI = 1.50 CD = 0.20 DC too!

Quadriga - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - Ger bred 12f fav or 2m+ OTF - DP = 1-0-2-1-0 (4) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.25 - rels inc 9f 108 rpr

Rain God - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 11-4-23-6-0 (44) DI = 1.51 CD = 0.45 DC too!

Scrapper Blackwell - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 6-1-8-1-0 (16) DI = 2.20 CD = 0.75

Missed a couple here

Got one tonight though, though jockey stats aren't brilliant

5.20 Leop - King Of The Romans & a stable 2nd string, not sure if that good either?

H'mm 2/6 another disap yesterday -

Got one of the best from those Railway entries above running today, bit short & if he goes below evens we wont bother but if he stays above we will -

5.25 Navan - George Vancouver

H'mm 2/6 another disap yesterday -

Got one of the best from those Railway entries above running today, bit short & if he goes below evens we wont bother but if he stays above we will -

5.25 Navan - George Vancouver
    So of course he loses at evens after having touched 5/4 so we'll count him but in future wont bother with much below 2/1 - so 2/7 now...

Interesting prospect today:

4.45 York - Complicator - was entered for 3 of Royal Ascot's juvenile pattern races - takes the soft option today, floating around 16/s+ & trainer 2/5 with his juvvies at the track these last 5 years, possible EW?

Interesting prospect today:

4.45 York - Complicator - was entered for 3 of Royal Ascot's juvenile pattern races - takes the soft option today, floating around 16/s+ & trainer 2/5 with his juvvies at the track these last 5 years, possible EW?
    Tut tut, comes 4th @ 12/s & race won by my clear top rated beating 3rd TR to give nice FC for the figs, most typical, so , 2/8 & going downhill fast....

Got a couple tonight @ Leopardstown:

5.55 Pedro The Great - is a fair price while there is money for Wexford Opera but it is J Oxx who has the best stats with 2yo's at the course?

6.55 Circle - who was pulled from a Group 3 for his debut, hopeful we still get 2/1

I'll call it 3/10? With a small loss at level stakes?

Pedro won but a couple of non-runners decimated his price to evens - Circle was beaten a neck by my clear top rated at 3/1.

If we can maintain that 30% SR with a few better SP's this could prove worth persevering with?

How Sweet It Is - 7.20 Thirsk

Ran in a Listed first time up last year & has yet to impress but she seems best fresh & is an EW price so we give her the last chance saloon treatment

3/11 sad -

Two in the first race at the Curragh:

3.40 - We'll go Win on George & EW on Afonso

Afonso De Sousa - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 7-1-26-6-0 (40) DI = 1.11 CD = 0.23 DC too! rels inc 10f 128rpr

George Vancouver - Gr2 E'd FTO Jun 12 - DP = 7-6-23-6-0 (42) DI = 1.40 CD = 0.33 DC too! rels inc 8f 114rpr

3/11 sad -

Two in the first race at the Curragh:

3.40 - We'll go Win on George & EW on Afonso
    Didn't like that - George Vancouver was backed from 3/s into evens & comes nowhere - at all, Afonso, was 3rd at 9/s & we have two more in one race again today in the first at the Curragh where 6 of the eight runners boast Gr1 entries - me thinks I is sailing uncharted waters with this on the flat & especially in Ireland.

The United States & Nevis, one of them had better win at 2/1 or more to keep me interested??

The United States & Nevis, one of them had better win at 2/1 or more to keep me interested??
    Oh well, 3/13 as The United States won [lucky it not a war, would've lost to be sure but] 2/1 & today a bit of an optimistic [trainer/owner ?] last time flop from Ascot

6.40 Jackpot - floating around 60/s+, so we'll go EW

This works a lot better over the jumps & here's this years starter pack:

& one of them set to run in a minute at Market Rasen Somemothersdohavem

Berabani Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 -

Black Spirit Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 07Class! 117flat - 4/4 CB USA bred

Brinestine Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 91flat

Cape Explorer Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 106flat

Courtesy Call Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - Ger bred - 101flat

Darley Sun (Ire) Gr1 Nep Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 108flat TDS

Figaro Gr2 E'd FTO as h Feb 13 -

Fire King Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 76flat

Flying Cross Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 95flat - Sadler's Wells(USA)

Gassin Golf Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 108flat

Lac Fontana Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - Triumph tip fr W2W 20/s Jan 13 - DP = 1-0-2-0-1 (4) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.00 - Ger bred -

Looking On Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 90flat - trnr had Brick Red last yr!

Masters Blazing Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 82flat

Somemothersdohavem Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 101flat

Ssafa Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 82flat

Stand To Reason Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 108flat

Uriah Heep Gr1 Triumph E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 101flat

Western Warhorse (Ire) Gr1 AB Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - 1/1 ptp wnr 24gss Nov 12 -

Zuider Zee Gr1 Sup Nov E'd FTO as h Feb 13 - Ger bred - 116flat - 07Class! 4/4 CB

King hell I've missed one & he goes in the last 4.55 @ Ludlow today - Mac's Return

I'll have to edit him in l8r, no time today

So far 0-1-1 Place at 12/s yesterday

What a disappointment he was?

0-1-2

3.15 Huntingdon - we got Brinestone ??

3.25 Donc - hot little race regards Triumph & the favourite should win but I quite like the look of Berabani at 33/s EW trainer amongst the winners of late & has hot favourite in the last too?

3.25 Donc - hot little race regards Triumph & the favourite should win but I quite like the look of Berabani at 33/s EW trainer amongst the winners of late & has hot favourite in the last too?
    Well that was disappointing, knowhere? & race won by another on our list & the shortest priced of three & seems the favourite is only any good on soft ground which will write him off for Cheltenham & was a slow time anyway?

Interesting to note David Pipe is being allowed to run Flying Cross, listed above, without a prep race, straight to the Supreme Novice I suppose?

Shame as I have messed up the stats as I know I've missed a couple more losers as well as those that have run but today

4.20 Warw - Masters Blazing

With the same trainer as Somemothersdohavem who won the other day & already been a bit of a move for in the market??

but today

4.20 Warw - Masters Blazing

With the same trainer as Somemothersdohavem who won the other day & already been a bit of a move for in the market??
    Yah!

10/1

Winner!

Think that puts our jump qualifiers in profit & some interesting stuff today:

3.15 Kempton

Brick Red was a qualifier from last year & has done well winning his last three - he is also the RP selection for the race.

Nicky Henderson has a couple of entries & Geraghty rides my clear top rated who possibly improved on unfavorable soft ground last time but

Black Spirit was better rated on the flat & is better bred for this game on dosage figures, we also have Figaro in the line up too who probably outclassed here & better off waiting until he is downgraded a bit imho

& in the 2.05 Kempton

possibly an EW ante-post for the Triumph, available @ 40/s with 365

Courtesy Call

H'mm two losers & a NR

& er' NO Zarkandar here I'm afraid not this year but

Perhaps a little silly to be opposing my clear top rateds at Kempton but I must be doing something right - on adjusted official ratings Brick Red was 5lb clear but on mine Forgotten Voice was 5lb clear & he won by 5l's

Just pipped though for time of the meet as hurdlers mainly by 4yo weight allowance & figures suggest Adonis 2nd Vasco De Ronceray would stand a solid chance in the Fred Winter

Thread Information