Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Tornado, in guineas trial

Tornado, in guineas trial

Was very impressive and is going to be hard to beat in 2000 guineas, with or without Dawn Approach.

Visually impressive yes but not on the clock compared to H Cecil's Hot Snap the day before?

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Hot Snap looked very good and it seems Henry as quite a few good'uns in the yard again this season.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Last 3 furlongs sectional times

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Visually impressive yes but not on the clock compared to H Cecil's Hot Snap the day before?
    the last 3 furlongs sectional times as Tornado running last 3 furlogs in 33.0 seconds, compared to Hot Snap running last 3 furlongs in 36.2 seconds.
    agreed that the time of the race was not that great in 95.3 seconds over 8 furlongs for Tornado.
    compared to Hot Snap running 84.39 seconds over 7 furlongs.

We have had a really wide spread of ground conditions this week and with the winds it has even changed between races.

At least the main opposition to Toronado hasn't just been kicked out - you might get a price but hard to beat the favourite anyway?

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

"Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni is to face a British Horseracing Authority disciplinary panel hearing after samples taken from 11 horses in his care in Newmarket were found to contain traces of anabolic steroids"

.... so Certify is out .... I wonder which parts his boss is thinking of removing from his body?

This is a rather a big cock-up, on the scale of 10 this is an 11

To be honest I think he should be struck off, this is nothing short of cheating using body building steroids.

According to Sky News....Mr al Zarooni admitted that he had administered two steroids, but claimed he did not know it was an offence to use the drugs when the horses were not racing.

In a statement, he said: "I deeply regret what has happened. I have made a catastrophic error.

"Because the horses involved were not racing at the time, I did not realise that what I was doing was in breach of the rules of racing.

"I can only apologise for the damage this will cause to Godolphin and to racing generally."

Surely the best way to avoid getting into bother with the BHA or anyone else is to keep steroids away from your horses.

Surely after what happened with Lance Armstrong last year a trainer would be fully aware that steroids are not recognized as being legal in the sporting world

The day is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by lowey100 View Post
    Was very impressive and is going to be hard to beat in 2000 guineas, with or without Dawn Approach.
    I stand by my convictions even against a great horse like dawn Approach Toronado will have my money on it. Now down to 5/2.

Well i stand to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by lowey100 View Post
    I stand by my convictions even against a great horse like dawn Approach Toronado will have my money on it. Now down to 5/2.
    thought i got the right horse of the 2, sadly i had not.

This is what the Hannon stable have explained on the running of Toronado

Libranno winning the Group 2 Richmond Stakes (Photo: Matthew Webb)

LATEST NEWS from Herridge Racing Stables

May 9, 2013
    Toronado to be equipped with tongue-tie at Royal Ascot

TORONADO, who lost his unbeaten record when finishing a disappointing fourth in last week's 2000 Guineas at Newmarket, scoped clear in all his post-race tests, but connections have decided to try the highly-rated colt in a tongue-tie for his comeback race at Royal Ascot.

Richard Hannon jnr said: "Toronado's blood has come back fine, but we suspect that he might have suffered a displaced palate, which would explain why he hit the wall so quickly, so we will tie his tongue down next time.

"We also plan to dispense with the drop noseband and ride him with a little bit more restraint and, having digested our options, we have decided to bring him back for the St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot. The round mile should suit him perfectly.

"We have certainly not lost faith in Toronado. Clearly, he did not show anything like his true form at Newmarket - we know that from his work at home with Van der Neer (third) – and we hope that we might have found the reason and that he will bounce back in style.

"However, make no mistake, Van der Neer is also a very good horse. He is never spectacular in the mornings and does not leave scorch marks on the gallops like Toronado, but he has done nothing wrong in four races and has shown himself a proper Group 1 horse, too.

"Van der Neer was doing all his best work at the finish at Newmarket, but The Curragh is a stiffer mile, so we have opted to go for the Irish 2000 Guineas next and we will make a bit more use of him in that race

Thread Information