Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Former trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni's yard under scrutiny.

Former trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni's yard under scrutiny.

It seems the BHA have come in very heavy handed and have basically taken over the stable. Every horse is now being tested, and all drugs, paperwork, etc is being checked. Well done the BHA All this shows the current policies are working.

I do feel sorry for Sheikh Mohammed who has done so much for British racing to have this thrown in his face by some supposed trainer who should have known better.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I've just seen the what Simon Crisford the UK boss of Godolphin said about Zarooni .... funny when the people you expect to be in your defence turn against you

"I think we have to be very clear about this situation," Crisford told Channel 4 Racing.

"A trainer is a licensed individual and it is his duty to take professional care of the horses in his stable.

"He runs the day-to-day management, my job is to look after the best interests of the owner. I simply cannot be aware of every single bit of medication that every horse in Godolphin is getting.

"Saeed bin Suroor and Mahmood Al Zarooni are supposed to be professional trainers. One of them clearly wasn't.

"It's deeply regrettable (that we hired him) and shows a remarkable lack of judgement on my part to recommend him to Sheikh Mohammed, which I did do.

"When his horses failed the tests for painkillers last year, we sat down with him and told him he had to keep his records maintained in a much more efficient manner.

"I had lengthy conversations with him about that but I'm afraid he's betrayed the trust we put in him and he's let everybody down, not only Godolphin but the British public, too. We'll have nothing to do with him again and I have no sympathy for him.

"It will take a long time to recover from this, but Sheikh Mohammed will make sure everything is done and that the stable is 100% clean before any horses get transferred to any other stables.

"I haven't considered my position because I've been told to clear this mess up and that's what I'll be doing."

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information