Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Royal Regatta (Ire)

Royal Regatta (Ire)

Word is spreading around town that Mr Hobbs has a potential new 'star' in the yard - not a lot of people know his name....

Yesterday's winner Garde La Victoire - who is now in the Supreme Novice betting - was said to be 'going well too' but I get the impression that this is the better horse... He's going today 3.50 Aintree but I is going to try & get some odds for the Supreme Novice before that...

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

The good horses are starting to appear. Mind you, the horse will have to battle strong winds today.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Three Class 2 handicaps on the card - the winners rated 135, 135 & 134 - on average my spreadsheet tells me a horse has to be around a stone 'well-in' to win such a race & I would usually award the fastest of these about 150, well, well, well...

This 'machine' of a horse, as I heard him described earlier in the week, just clocked a time 0.19 seconds per furlong faster than all of them off near level weights & he could be worth more than 165 So I think I was right to suggest the Supreme Novice, I only gave Garde La Victoire 127p

With an official rating of 125 & giving 6lb to the winner, the Racing Post Analysis could well be right to suggest Spirit Of Shankly could win a handicap too?

"Spirit Of Shankly gives this form a decent look. He shaped as though this longer trip would suit when off the mark over hurdles at Market Rasen and saw it out well, without getting to the winner. He too is up to defying his penalty and could nick a decent handicap down the line when faced with a sound surface."

We shall see....

Pretty much wrote this chap off but it would appear.... he's back! If the RPA is anything to go by :

""This good-quality novice handicap was run at a solid gallop and the form looks strong.

ROYAL REGATTA produced a career-best display to score on this switch to fences and looks to have found his niche as he´s fully entitled to learn for the experience. He posted a sound effort on his return over hurdles at Kempton, his yard continues in outstanding form and he was off the same mark. A flat track seems ideal and, now qualified for the better handicaps, there could be a deal more to come in this sphere.""

Thread Information