Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Ada's Eurovision Game 2014 - Make Your Selections

Ada's Eurovision Game 2014 - Make Your Selections

Hi all......
    If anyone wants to play, just follow the instructions below...
    So far we have 6 players who have registered interest...Ada, Iron Chris, Piggy, Paul, Scoobydoo, Vegyjones....we need MORE

The list below shows this year's 26 finalists RUNNING ORDER for Saturday's finale:

Ukraine
    Belarus
    Azerbaijan
    Iceland
    Norway
    Romania
    Armenia
    Montenegro
    Poland
    Greece
    Austria
    Germany
    Sweden
    France
    Russia
    Italy
    Slovenia
    Finland
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Hungary
    Malta
    Denmark
    The Netherlands
    San Marino
    United Kingdom

WHAT YOU MUST DO NOW:
    You must now either PM or Email (address below) me the countries that, in your opinion, will finish in the Top 5 AND Bottom 3 in the correct order, in this year’s Eurovision contest, PLUS the answer to a tie-break question.

So......I will require 8 'answers' from each of you…… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 24th, 25th, 26th.....PLUS.....
    You must ALSO provide an answer to the tie-break question :-
    In which position (1-26) will the UK song finish?

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD (unless you absolutely have to)

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: 21:00 SATURDAY 10th MAY.

Scoring
    The person finishing with the overall highest score will be declared the winner.

Each person will start with 100 points.
    Points will be added or deducted to/from this score using the following rules:

i) If you correctly predict the final placing of any of your nominated countries:
    12 points will be ADDED to your score.

ii) If any of your nominated countries finish in their respective Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones but are incorrectly placed within those zones…..
    10pts will be ADDED to your score if the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing = 1
    8pts will be ADDED to your score if the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing = 2
    6pts will be ADDED to your score if the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing = 3
    4pts will be ADDED to your score if the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing = 4

For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 2nd place but they ACTUALLY finish in 4th place….the difference between their actual placing (4) and predicted placing (2) ……4-2 = 2, so 8 points will be added to your score.

iii) If any of your nominated countries fail to finish in their respective Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones, the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be DEDUCTED from your score.

For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 4th place but they ACTUALLY finish in 21st place…. 21 – 4 = 17 points will be deducted from your score.

I will post a new game thread containing each player's selections at around 19:00 Saturday.

EMAIL ADDRESS (you know what to do):
    adabt1105-win2win at yahoo dot co dot uk

Good Luck

Last edited by TheGoodGuy; 10th May 2014 at 19:25.

I've got to go out in a bit but I will come back and study for 5 hours...err I mean 10 minutes and do my selections! Thanks Ada.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thread Information