7:25 » Lingfield (AW)
TUESDAY, 10 JUNE 2014
Initial thoughts are that there are 3 horses who have led before but they have done so at a steady pace. It could be that there will be just enough of a gallop to make it a true test of stamina.
The Favourite AIYANA looks to be going places and her latest run was at Southwell in April over 14F was here first run for 5 months so she can be forgiven that and may come on quite a bit. Prior to that she ran 3 good races in a row. The race at Wolves was a 0-75 and she only went down by ¾ length to Flemish School 7/2J who went on to better things. The third in that race Caterina De Medici also went on to win NTO though it was a maiden.
The second fav SIR FRANK MORGAN ran a stinker LTO but that was on soft, I don’t know if there was something amiss but I would have expected better especially after a good 2nd to Hallstatt (IRE) 6/1 over 16f G/F at Notts. Mark Johnston has not said anything about the last run but if it was the ground then the run prior to that was reasonable although Hallstatt only went up 3lb and SIR FRANK MORGAN 1lb so I guess the handicapper didn’t think a lot to the race.
MUNSARIM b has won 5 times at the track albeit over lesser distances. He has been running on and keeping on just recently so it may be worth trying this new trip.
MONTJESS p hasn’t been seeing out her recent races but the race at Wolves in November against Layline gives hope.
The profile of Poitin looks more interesting than most but the run against Hallstatt and SIR FRANK MORGAN confuses me a little especially as it was LTO.
After consideration I will risk a £2 win on AIYANA 2/1 BOG and hope I’m correct in the assumption that she will strip a lot fitter this time. One I haven’t mentioned is First Warning 11/1 BOG and although this one carry’s the top weight I think it is worth a saver [B]£1 win[/B]. Might be that the latter is a classier type than these.
All the best
Paul (if I have made any errors in my race reading notes please feel free to let me know)