Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Very Sad News - Pat Eddery Dies

Very Sad News - Pat Eddery Dies

Pat Eddery, one of the sports greatest ever jockeys with 4,600 wins to his name, ha died at just 63.

I remember him banging in a lot of winners for me since the mid-80's when I first got into horse racing. Terrible news.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I only really got into racing towards the end of his career and I didn't realise how successful his racing career was (I knew he was a big name but didnt realise he was top of the leading jockeys chart). Sad as 63 is still a comparatively you've in today's standards.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Rome was not Built in a day,or making money from betting!

yup - Monday nights at Windsor when he used to consistently hook up with R Hannon Sr - not been the same since he retired -

Joint top leading jockey for Arc de Triomphe with 4 wins & only jockey to win three on bounce with three different trainers 85-87.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Having dug deep to try and discover what happened to one of my racing hero's, it seems that after he retired in the early 2000's, he was at a loss with his life. He tried his hand at breeding, running a race club, and a few other things, but never got over retiring. It now appears he drank himself to death, and suffered a heart attack on Tuesday. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    but never got over retiring. It now appears he drank himself to death, and suffered a heart attack on Tuesday. Very sad.
    Not so sad imho when he chose that lifestyle - his daughter was on Breakfast news? yesterday saying that it was the split with his wife that led him to drink and he turned down all offers help ? ?

Who is this trainer Emma Owen I wondered, training for Khalid Abdullah, who is profitable @ Lingfield, I is just hoping someone can beat the fav in the first but came across this which implies he pretty much fell out with his family some years ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...orsey-set.html

""The trouble started when Emma Owen came to work at the stables in Buckinghamshire early last year.

Soon after, the 34-year-old began a relationship with Pat, 58, who had recently split from his wife Carolyn, the mother of his three children.

But her presence both at the yard and in Pat’s personal life appears to have triggered devastating family tensions.

Paul, 47, told the tribunal hearing that the brothers had fallen out because ‘Pat got involved with someone who made things difficult’.

Although he refused to identify the individual involved, The Mail on Sunday can reveal he was referring to Miss Owen.

Blockbuster in the making: Emma Owen insists she and Pat are still an item, despite the flurry of accusations
    Blockbuster in the making: Emma Owen insists she and Pat are still an item, despite the flurry of accusations

Sources at the stables said Paul and another brother, David, who was also employed at the Musk Hill Stud stables near Aylesbury, had complained that she interfered with their work.

And Paul admitted that he and David resented Miss Owen.

He told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I wasn’t having some girl come in and tell us what to do. So I confronted him [Pat] about it, but he doesn’t like confrontation. She was overriding me and David and what we did.

‘On one occasion, Pat grabbed me by the throat and accused me of overworking one of the horses, meaning I had over-trained it.

‘This was nonsense but it was all because of what Emma had told him about me.’ "

What do they say about love and war?

Thread Information