Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: O.R. ,Topspeed,Postdata.

O.R. ,Topspeed,Postdata.

Can I get some help from someone who knows better than me on the following:
    -What is the difference between them when you want to compare the horses on the previous races? Does the official rating stand for The weight the horse is carrying?On your point of view who of them is better for comparing purposes.
    - Does the horse carry more when goes up in class?
    Saing horse X carry 8.0 on the group C.
    Horse Y carry 8.7 on the group D.
    Who is carrying more?

Hope the situation is understandable

The weights in handicaps are based on the 'official' top rated and that one carries top weight for the race. The others are than given their weights accordingly. In the example you gave, the Brighton race was 'to be ridden by National Hunt jockeys' which is why the weights were significantly higher.

My problem is how can I understand if a horse is overweight only by checking the statistics from O.R. topspeed or postdata.Or with other worlds if a horse win how possible is to win again next time out with more weight.Sometime this horses win and other times they are well behind.

Sometimes a horse will run again very soon after a win and because the handicapper has not had time to reassess the horses rating, it has to carry a 'penalty' (look for ex 7lb or something like that). This can often provide a good source of winners as the trainer is trying to get the horse to win another race before the handicapper can put his weight up even more. There is no easy way to judge what you are looking for - if there was, we'd all be doing it.

Thread Information