Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Couple of questions

andyp is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Couple of questions

Sorry for all the recent questions. The reason for me being so inquisitive, is that when i joined this website i knew nothing about betting on horses, so i followed most peoples hints and tips, joined as a member for even better guidance and have 'blindly' followed certain systems. I feel that i have done pretty well, and my new bank is better for it!

I have come to a time now where i want to invent my own systems now, obviously i am prepared for everything to go wrong, but the more i ask the more i will learn and to do this i will need to ask some pretty basic and probably simple questions, but the greater my knowledge the more chance i have of creating a profitable system (well thats my theory anyway). On with the questions:

1. What is a colt or gelding?

2. When reading the RP it shows the draw advantage for each race, it differs for each race, i.e the first race will show a high draw as advantageous, the second shows low is etc. However, when i look at Sporting Lifes website it shows the draw advantages on there by course and it basically says that a low draw is best for this ground, it does not vary like the RP. Which one is most accurate and therefore should be considered the most?

Thanks for your patience with me people.

Quote Originally Posted by andyp
    1. What is a colt or gelding?
    A colt is a young male horse. Male horses start of as colts and mature into horses. Female horses start as fillies and mature into mares. I think the age of maturity is about 5yo. A gelding is a colt/horse that has been gelded ie it's had his knackers chopped off. It can't breed (obviously) after that so geldings are left in training for longer as they have no stud value. Many NH horses are gelded to stop them scraping their nads on the top of the fences, which apparently most horses don't like for some reason.

2. When reading the RP it shows the draw advantage for each race, it differs for each race, i.e the first race will show a high draw as advantageous, the second shows low is etc. However, when i look at Sporting Lifes website it shows the draw advantages on there by course and it basically says that a low draw is best for this ground, it does not vary like the RP. Which one is most accurate and therefore should be considered the most?
    I would personally go with the RP on this one. Slife is very basic in terms of most racing info but the RP's staple diet is horse racing. Or should that be stable diet :D

The draw advantage will differ in the RP as they will consider factors such as field size and perhaps where the stalls will be placed across the track. For varying field sizes the draw will have a different effect. In a small field it might not matter as much as there will be plenty of space across the track to find a gap between other runners to get to the best line. In a large field there is more traffic to negotiate between a poor draw and the best line

is that when i joined this website i knew nothing about betting on horses,
    ....we still don't :D

Colt: A young or inexperienced person; a novice.
    Gelding: had it's nuts cut-off Something that we should try with Vegy.

RP is more accurate, but it also depends on number of runners, true going (not that advertised), which jockeys are intelligent (IE which side they go on), etc

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks Mat, i really appreciate it. Your answer to number 1 was informative and it made me laugh which is a bonus! :D

Thanks to you as well keith

I would have beaten Mat, but had to collect my new computer from the garden after I launched as the motherboard is buggered. Only worked for an hour, then went off :(

Who said you get what you pay for, it was £150 Ooo

Just bought a Sempron 2600 64bit & m/b for £80 for both my kids, and another for my parents, worked a dream.....amazing price for 64bit as well. I'd recommend you all upgrade :)

Has this thread gone off topic?? :D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hi Andy, not sure if this helps, but i asked a question the other day for someone to explain different racing terms

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32922

Tada gan iarracht

Every bit of info helps, cheers Wayne.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

C4 A-Z

http://www.channel4.com/sport/micros...ossary_ab.html

Tada gan iarracht

Thread Information