Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Merlin Soccer Bets

merl you"ve had 5 points on swansea to win, is the 5 points based on the price, confidence, or % of your bank im just curious how you decided on 5 points also ( and feel free to tell me to **** **f ) how many points would be a max bet if you dont use a % of your bank :)

never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity

My footy bets are always between 1 and 10 Points….according to price and confidence…

I have only had 5 maximums this year….4 of them won…..

So 1 through 3 points is a small bet..
    4 through 6 points is a medium bet….
    7 through 10 points is a large bet…
    A point of course could be anything…a tenner….25 quid…..etc….but of course a point has to be a consistent stake…

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

i take it monty knows his stuff - certain people on certain other forums are crying out for him :)

Monty is very , very good with Scottish League......and Irish too...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Although...Monty likes to keep a low profile.....thats my opinion…anyway…if I am wrong he will correct me…

Mark Twain.

that"s good enough for me merl :wink

Hi Paul

Your right mate, I've also just read that some people are looking for me on another forum. I don't know why the guy called Radoslav1 is so keen to know what I'm betting, maybe he won on a few of my tips last season.
    Once the Scottish season has reached week 4 or 5 I'll maybe start posting again on that site again, as well as this one. It would be better to wait till the early season games are by and there is a bit of form to go by.
    There seems to be a lot of forum members on that site interested on the Scottish games I can only hope that this site is the same.

I do like to have a bet on the Scottish Leagues, as I know these teams better than any of the other leagues, when the Scottish season is over? I tend to bet on the Irish Leagues, as I've made so good profit from the Ericom leagues in the past.
    And a wee warning... I should let everyone know I do have losing bets as well, When I do post up a tip I've always got money placed on it myself, so if my tip wins I win and if it loses I've lost

Hi M......seen it...there was a thread there last week Asking where my footy bets were…I answered it and told them I wont be posting FOOTY BETS there anymore…….Never…

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Hi Paul

Your right mate, I've also just read that some people are looking for me on another forum. I don't know why the guy called Radoslav1 is so keen to know what I'm betting, maybe he won on a few of my tips last season.
    Once the Scottish season has reached week 4 or 5 I'll maybe start posting again on that site again, as well as this one. It would be better to wait till the early season games are by and there is a bit of form to go by.
    There seems to be a lot of forum members on that site interested on the Scottish games I can only hope that this site is the same.

I do like to have a bet on the Scottish Leagues, as I know these teams better than any of the other leagues, when the Scottish season is over? I tend to bet on the Irish Leagues, as I've made so good profit from the Ericom leagues in the past.
    And a wee warning... I should let everyone know I do have losing bets as well, When I do post up a tip I've always got money placed on it myself, so if my tip wins I win and if it loses I've lost
    Yikes:

You gonna write your previews , too

Mark Twain.

Hi merlin...I'm not sure what to do about that other forum. There seems to be a lot of people expecting previews from me all the time, the majority of the members are fine and they have followed my tips for the last two seasons and I really don't want to let those members down, but there seem to be a few forum members on there who keep pushing for me for tips all the time, and the last thing I want to do is be pushed into picking a bet that I don't really want to bet on. I would rather just do my homework and post my tips when I'm ready, instead of all the rush-rush-rush thats expected on the that other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Yikes:

You gonna write your previews , too
    Not sure mate, I'm still undecided to what my next move is. I got a few messages from people asking me to do them. As much as I was ------ off with things on that forum, there is still a few people who followed me each week and I feel I'm letting them down.

The only other option is to bring them all here...lol...

Not sure mate, I'm still undecided to what my next move is. I got a few messages from people asking me to do them. As much as I was ------ off with things on that forum, there is still a few people who followed me each week and I feel I'm letting them down.

The only other option is to bring them all here...lol...
    Easy answer...write your previews , post them there and HERE....but stipulate they are not to be copied and pasted for GG….

Mark Twain.

That's true mate, we will just have to wait and see. I'll maybe just post tips on here instead of writing previews, it's easier that way.

Merlin my local club Ayr Utd will play away to Hamilton Accies in the Cis Challenge Cup tonight. Ayr have lost their first 3 games of the season 2-0, 5-0 and 3-2. Hamilton are a division above Ayr Utd and have won there first three games 2-1, 2-1, and 2-0 Going by this you would think Hamilton should wipe the floor with Ayr but this Cup is a mickey mouse cup and bigger clubs never seem interested in it.
    The Hamilton manager has already said he plans to rest several of his key players. I'm going to take this game to be over 2.5 goals and also small bet on Ayr Utd to win and the draw just for an interest.

I meant to say! I'm going to dutch the two prices for Ayr Utd to win and the draw. Hopefully Ayr will play a lot better than they have done in the first three games this season. and if the can avoid defeat tonight it will secure me a little bit of profit.

Merlin my local club Ayr Utd will play away to Hamilton Accies in the Cis Challenge Cup tonight. Ayr have lost their first 3 games of the season 2-0, 5-0 and 3-2. Hamilton are a division above Ayr Utd and have won there first three games 2-1, 2-1, and 2-0 Going by this you would think Hamilton should wipe the floor with Ayr but this Cup is a mickey mouse cup and bigger clubs never seem interested in it.
    The Hamilton manager has already said he plans to rest several of his key players. I'm going to take this game to be over 2.5 goals and also small bet on Ayr Utd to win and the draw just for an interest.
    Is this a Monty bet mate....of course I need to know...coz I have a bank especially set-up for MONTY BETS.........

I agree the bigger clubs sometimes dont have the same interest as the lesser lights...and is probably worth going with....

Mark Twain.

Bit off topic there Merl.....mentioning the word 'Light''.....should be on www.globalwarmingyobbos.net

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Hi monty!
    Do You know weather forecast for Glasgow this evening? Rangers are playing against my RS and if it is raining...it could be very bad, because here, in Serbia, we don't have too much rain and when our clubs playing under that condition they usually give more than bad performance...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxySerb View Post
    Hi monty!
    Do You know weather forecast for Glasgow this evening? Rangers are playing against my RS and if it is raining...it could be very bad, because here, in Serbia, we don't have too much rain and when our clubs playing under that condition they usually give more than bad performance...
    Hi Maxy,

According to BBC weather, http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1946
    it is going to be heavy rain...think it is over most parts of UK today by the look of it! :splapme

Are you an Ayr United fan Monty?

I had a right craic with my brother at the weekend. I don't know how it worked out, being two London boys and all, but he ended up supporting Ayr, and me Queens Park. Oh the fun I had when Queens Park scored that last minute winner! :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Are you an Ayr United fan Monty?
    Yes! mate I am an Ayr fan. I didn't make the game at the weekend, but by the reports from my mates, Queens played well and deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxySerb View Post
    Hi monty!

I'm not that far from Glasgow, (40mins drive) and although its dry just now, its very cloudy here and it does looks like it will rain, if it does it's sure to be heavy.

I heard ealier that there was a weather warning for tomorrow, but not sure about tonights weather.

Yes! mate I am an Ayr fan. I didn't make the game at the weekend, but by the reports from my mates, Queens played well and deserved to win.
    You're fairly new here, so I won't gloat,

oh sod it

3-2, 3-2, 3-2 3-2 - 3-2, 3 - 2

Only jesting! :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Is this a Monty bet mate....of course I need to know...coz I have a bank especially set-up for MONTY BETS.........

Sorry mate its not a Monty Bet yet. Just a small stakes bet because I've just got a funny feeling that Hamilton Accies will not be that interested in the Challenge Cup this season, and I also feel Ayr Utd will have to get a result soon, after all they have had 3 defeats already...
    Ayr Utd signed a lot of new players this season who were meant to be quite good, maybe these players are just finding their feet just now, so here's hoping tonights the night they all start playing and earning their wages.

Whats the craic with GG thn merl? :)

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    You're fairly new here, so I won't gloat,

oh sod it

3-2, 3-2, 3-2 3-2 - 3-2, 3 - 2

Only jesting! :D

It was 2 flukes and a breakaway...:splapme oh! and the Ref was on your side also....

Well, I've got to say that, I can't let people know we were beat by a bunch of amateurs.

Ok, a little preview for tonights game Rangers - Red Star Belgrade

First of all, I'm supporter of Red Star.

Red Star squad:

Tonight, Red Star will play in 4-5-1 formation an here are some vital info's about squad:

Suspended player: Basta (quite good right wing back, one of the regulars and key players)

Injured player: Lukas (?) (He is with team, but we don't know will he play. He is very good DM, great ant strong long shooter.)

Probable squad:
    GK: Randjelović (standard goalkeeper, very reliable)
    DF:
    Andjelković
    Bronovicki (Right&Left back, big boost for our defence from Poland)
    Tutorić
    Guaye (Very, very strong centre back, not so fast though)
    MF:
    Milovanović (captain, very good player, next Dejan Stankovic. He gave some outstanding performances for the U21 on last competition this summer when we were second)
    Milijaš (he have nice long shots, he and Milovanovic are regular free kicks takers, nice passing, very slow though)
    Castillo (he is regular in Ecuador representation, outstanding like DM and he also know to score some vital goals, especially headers)
    Rašković :splapme
    Koroman (far the best Red Star player. Many of you know him from Portsmouth. He is fast, good technique, nice trough passes, good shooter)
    FC:
    Đorđević (He is bad. Very, very bad. Bad as hell. He come to RS this season like best scorer of Serbia second league. Some of coaches predicting him a bright future, but I simply can't see it happen. He is simply too bad.) He is so bad that I think that this is some wicked trick from our new manager.

Substitutions:
    Molina - maybe best boost for RS this season. He still didn't gel in squad, but it is obvious that he is a great player.
    Barcos - Best scorer of Ecuadorian league last season (24 goals). He supposed to be a BIG boost for RS, but he simply didn't gel in some previous matches. He is still without a scored goal.
    Rest of the substitutions are not special in anything.

Red Star form:
    Well...it wasn't a great start of the season. RS played some 3 competitive matches this season, 2 in CL and 1 in domestic league.
    In CL against Levadia, we won at home 1-0, but lost in Thalin 2-1. After that bad performance, manager was sacked and we have a new one - Miroslav Kosanovic (very good manager). He had his debut some 4 days ago against Cukaricki - 0:0. He wasn't furious, he told the newspaper that he is aware that this squad have their minds in Glasgow already.

Public expectations from this game:
    We really do think that we can pass trough this round. In last two years, in this round Red Star had some very though opponents - PSV (get trough the semi-finals) and AC Milan (champions). We won on Marakana against PSV (3:2), but lost by Milan (1:2). Everybody are seeing this as chance of generation. So, be sure that tonight Red Star players will give all they can not to lose and that they will left their harts on the field. We are confident that we can beat Rangers on Marakana, so draw tonight is all that we need.
    Be sure that Beasley will receive a special treatment tonight due to his lies in newspapers about racism. He also scored a goal against RS two years ago for PSV. They will go like dogs for him.

Verdict:
    Rangers is a better team. They will probably win. However...If there is a draw tonight in CL, it will be on this game. Beware.
    Red Star and Rangers have a history. They have trashed Rangers in Belgrade the same year when they were Champions of Europe and the World '91. (In Glasgow there was 1:1, and in Belgrade 3:0 - see here for more info's - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/6942865.stm).

Thumbs up

Thats A Great Preview Mate...i Will Post It On A Different Thread For You...it Deserves To Be Read In Its Own Right.....

Mark Twain.

THATS A GREAT PREVIEW MATE...I WILL POST IT ON A DIFFERENT THREAD FOR YOU...IT DESERVES TO BE READ IN ITS OWN RIGHT.....
    See :D

Hi to all. Looks like my password hiccup is finally sorted. Your thoughts on the 'cup' games in Scotland are bang on. Having said that, I thought it would have swayed you away from betting on the games, although you seem to be advising small stakes/interest only bets, so I'm agreeing and disagreeing with you.

Raith Rovers v St Johnstone falls into the same category for tonight. Rovers won't be at full strength and fitness test may rule out one or two more players before kick off. I've gone for 2-1 to the Saints, as Merlin may have seen on their site, but won't be betting as there are too many questionmarks over these games, and as some of you will know, I'm a shrewdy.

Thread Information