Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Paddy Goes To Holyhead

Paddy Goes To Holyhead

I always remember smiling when I saw this name in the music press as a send up of Frankie Goes to Hollywood, but never ever heard them at all as I'd thought they were literally just a comedy pisstake.... until now. Bloody brilliant band! Think the Pogues meets Clannad (yeah weird combo!). Very classy atmospheric Irish folky-rock with lots of flutes, keyboards, fiddles, and good old traditional style lyrics about whiskey, travelling, gypsies... great stuff indeed, and I wish to hell I'd heard them years ago now!

This is weird.... all is not as it seems. The Paddy band I remember are a long running group of glam rock musicians, and that band has included folk from the Sweet, Mud, Slade, Praying Mantis, Iron Maiden and many others over the years. This band I'm listening to now have exactly the same name, yet are of all things, a German band, doing Irish folk-rock and formed by a bloke called Paddy Schmidt. Confusing! Anyway, this lot are brilliant, well worth checking out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmXzeE1_kQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGPpJ4nrjyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvfW5FGCEZA

My keyboard's running out of ink....

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Going in to see the Pogues tonight in Dublin. You just can't beat some of his songs, especially Rainy Night In Soho and Fairytale Of New York.

I believe Shane MacGowan has got new teeth! Looks a bit weird

Tada gan iarracht

Still looks like something out of Deliverance though! He must be calming down on the booze a bit, he's not as yellow as usual in that photo!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Thread Information