Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Bugs in Auto-Sys

Bugs in Auto-Sys

All,

It has been brought to my attention that there is at least on bug in Auto-Sys, concerning the First Timer system (NH Quickfire). I have identified and resolved that bug which in turn uncovered another that I have also addressed.

Unfortunately, one of these bugs lies in the racecard extraction card which means the impact is not limited to just this one system. I am currently trying to assess which other systems have been affected and to correct any issues found.

Please hold off using the qualifiers as they stand as they are subject to change. I will post against when I have made all the necessary corrections and summarise here. It shouldn't take too long...

If someone has time to manually check the systems today I would be most grateful. I have the following:

1 x Claiming Jockey (2.40)
    4 x First Timer (3 x 4.25, 1 x 5.15 - already confirmed by JonahJones)
    2 x Jumping For Profit (2.25, 3.15)
    1 x OddsOn Heavy (3.15 - not sure rules were given out for this were they?)
    1 x SixPlus Loser (4.15)
    1 x TJ Murphy (2.15)
    1 x Trainer 3 (2.25)

1 x CD Lays (5.55)
    1 x Ladies Lays (4.40)
    2 x NH Profit Machine (2.45, 4.40)

And nothing else. If you've already seen the online qualifiers you'll notice from this list that there are NO Lay'em selections today following the corrections. It seems the bugs extended to impacting on that system too but I have yet to work out how long this problem has been around and what the impacts are on recent results. It may not even be possible to work out but I will do my best.

If someone can confirm even some of the above it would be most useful

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I have yet to work out how long this problem has been around and what the impacts are on recent results. It may not even be possible to work out but I will do my best.
    The problem seems to have been introduced during the last RP update which was approximately three weeks ago. Unfortunately it's nigh on impossible to accurately assess how many selections were missed or erroneously included and thus the cost of these bugs as the main bug was in the racecard extraction code so unless I can work out some way of re-extracting all the racecards for the past month (not easy) then I should be able to re-apply the (corrected) system rules and check which horses should have been selected for the systems I believe to have been affected but then I would still have to go through and update all the results and SPs (or another suitable set of prices) to give an idea of the impact of these bugs. I'm not really sure it's worth it to be honest.

Mistakes were made but it's time to move on and make sure everything is correct going forward rather than dwell on what could/should have been.

I apologise for the errors and any inconvenience this has caused but ultimately Auto-Sys is always going to have this potential for error due to the frequent unexpected changes to the RP source code and no simple way of double-checking the extraction is 100% accurate.

Above set of qualifiers uploaded on the assumption they are correct. Please shout if further errors are found

Having reviewed the situation further, it seems that a number of systems that use the race distance as one of the rules could have been affected. I just manually checked the Trainer 3 qualifiers for the affected period to assess the cost of this bug on that one system and it's less than 1pt with 7 additional selections, two of which won.

I have re-checked all the code now and it looks fine to me but it's very difficult for me to be 100% sure of the qualifiers without an independent check.

Another one has been brought to my attention

There is NO Lay'em qualifier today. If you've downloaded the qualifiers already you should delete the Lay'em selection - it is WRONG!

I have corrected the bug in Auto-Sys now though

Thread Information