Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Golf Betting

Golf Betting

Wanted to post up this link for anyone who is interested in Golf Betting. Stumbled across the site the other week and it's proved really useful. They have a predictor for the USPGA and now the European tour and each week they list the top 10 selections. Every week since I found the site their list of 10 has either produced the winner or at the very least been players that have been right in contention. Last week they had Kenny Perry to win (20 odd to 1) which he duly did. In their top 10 list they also got 2nd and 4th!

I've been using them with a view to lay off over the tournament to green up and so far so good. Also had a dabble with betting on the 10 listed to finish in the top 10.

Anyway, cleared it with BigC to post the link, it's totally free

Golf Predictor | Golf Betting System

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

I know nothing, you're banned

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I never clicked it guv! The laptop did it! :D

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

Looks like a good site

John Bickerton was in the top 10 selections at 175/1 hes traded at 42s today!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    I know nothing, you're banned

Thanks Matt Do you leave the settings as they are?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Yeah I take what they have. Yes had five on Bickerton last night so have laid that off nicely.

Well, their predictions are looking good so far. Mid way through the 2nd round of the Open De France 4 of their 10 are in the top 10! In the US pga Anthony Kim is leading the tournament after 1 round.

The USPGA is back on Sky Sports tonight @ 8pm so thought id have a play with the predictor again, i changed the variables slightly but still got the same top 5.

Ive had a £5 Dutch on

Geoff Ogilvy @ 11
    Zach Johnson @ 14
    Retief Gooson @ 16
    Stephan Ames @ 19
    Steve Stricker @ 9

Good luck Matt :)

Didnt get off to the best of starts!

Only really got Geoff Ogilvy up there after day 1.

Geoff Ogilvy won :)

Yep the number 1 rated on the website wins it by a shot. will try again on thursday for the sony open

It certainly seems to be a very good guage of who will be thereabouts on the whole. I haven't quite decided on the best way to bet with it yet, whether to dutch the first few or just have level stakes on the first 5 or something else.

It definately seems very good, im sure theres a way off making a profit from it somehow, proberly not by dutching the top 5!

Big Odds this week for the Sony Open

Zach Johnson @ 20
    David Toms @ 36
    Ernie Els @ 30
    Jerry Kelly @74
    Brian Gay @ 38

£5 Dutch returns a profit of £26 ish.

Will definately try and trade out on this one.

The longer Woods is out the better odds wise. I took to betting on the without Woods market if there was one last season. Must remember to look at this tomorrow and decide what to do as I forgot until it was too late last week.

good luck :)

Not sure ive done the right thing here but i left £5 lays at 4/1 on each player, Zach Johnson lay has just been matched so i have £7 profit on him £31 on the other 4.

I cant lose anything now but thinking i proberly traded out a bit early £26 possible profit down to £7?

Ryan Palmer wins. Made a profit of 48p because jerry kelly withdrew from the tournement after i'd traded out!! :)

Damn forgot the Bob Hope classic started today, the top 5 dutch would have been:

Tim Clark 22/1
    Justin Leonard 28/1
    Matt Kuchar 30/1
    David Toms 40/1
    Brian Gay 40/1

Ah, sod it, so did I! Just put a bet on those 5 though as three haven't started and the other two are just a couple of holes in. Prices were pretty much as they were apart from Leonard who's -2 after 2

Ian Poulter was number 1 pick this week at 28/1 Casey number 3 pick good week with poulter i think still 2 up in the final.

Just a heads up on this.

They now list a top 25 and I've been playing around with how and who to bet on . This week I tried some top 5 bets, £2 on each of the 25. Ended up a £1 or so up with the top 3 all being in their top 25 list. However not sure what would be the best way to do those as even if you were to get all 5 you are wasting 20 bets for certain. Also did £2 bets on them all to win the title, from odds ranging from 20 to 400/1. Laid some off as I went including the eventual winner Stuart Appleby who I laid off sunday morning as he was 8 shots back. Only for him to shoot -11 and win the tournament! Still ended up making £40 on him but it could have been double or treble that if I hadn't laid until he was in contention. The fact I also had Jeff Overton who was leading after 3 rounds should really have made me leave it longer.

I think the thing I'm learning is that it's probably best to not lay any of them off until the tail end of the tournament with perhaps the exception if you had an outsider in your selections and he was leading after a round or two.

Anyway all that aside this service is very good and free. The hardest part is deciding what way to go about using the info.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Also did £2 bets on them all to win the title, from odds ranging from 20 to 400/1. Laid some off as I went including the eventual winner Stuart Appleby who I laid off sunday morning as he was 8 shots back. Only for him to shoot -11 and win the tournament! Still ended up making £40 on him but it could have been double or treble that if I hadn't laid until he was in contention. The fact I also had Jeff Overton who was leading after 3 rounds should really have made me leave it longer.
    If Appleby was 8 shots back on the Sunday morning I think you did the right thing laying him off them. Shooting -11 to win is a remarkable effort in the last round but it's not going to happen very often. In normal circumstances he may not have got much closer than within say 5 shots of the leader so the window to lay him off isn't going to get much bigger than it was on Sunday morning. One approach if such cases could be to lay enough off to guarantee a small profit but keep some back so you can lay the rest off at a lower price if he does get closer to the leaders. But in this case I reckon you made the right move at the right time.

Thread Information