Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: jumping for profit/running for profit

jumping for profit/running for profit

just wondered how the 2 systems have been doing over the past year or so as i had to stop using them through my circumstances but now im working again im gonna start them up again

Not doing too great for me at the moment, but i still see it as early days, unfortunately I did miss a few qualifiers a couple of months ago and sods law they all would have won. We all know that its long term that counts so sticking with it all- going back to doing the systems manually for now as the auto sys has thrown up a few inconsistancys for me recently (I was having trouble with racingpost working on my laptop which could have been the main factor for this)- Interesting time at the moment as I have a few other system things on the go as well, Its make or break time for me with gambling now- if the gambling banks trickle away I wont be replacing the banks for other systems in the future.

just noticed the auto sys came up with wrong selections if using racing post for rfp and jfp

Quote Originally Posted by marky72 View Post
    just noticed the auto sys came up with wrong selections if using racing post for rfp and jfp
    That's because Auto-Sys can't use the Racing Post for selections, as it says on each and every Auto-Sys page

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    ....going back to doing the systems manually for now as the auto sys has thrown up a few inconsistancys for me recently .....
    Aut-Sys now uses Betfair for F/c prices which is more accurate than the RP, but it would make little difference over the long term.

All systems/methods struggled in February, I dropped over £30,000 (notice the word DROPPED, not LOST as you can't lose clear profit), but made 78% of that back in the last week with the usual correction.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Aut-Sys now uses Betfair for F/c prices which is more accurate than the RP, but it would make little difference over the long term.
    I was wondering why there was a 26-1 selection the other day, unfortunately I thought it was a mistake and I decided I decided to start doing it manually.... and it was a shame because the 26-1 horse romped home to victory!

So just to clear things up do we still need to be checking f/c prices for the autosys?

So just to clear things up do we still need to be checking f/c prices for the autosys?
    No. I'm sure I made an announcement to this effect when I starting using the new Auto-Sys code

I have updated the announcement at the top at all Auto-Sys pages

Sorry to start sounding annoying, but Im still a bit confused as the auto-sys selections and manual selections (using the racing post) are very different, infact there doesnt seem to be too many selections that are the same, so when you are saying that this doesnt matter long term does it mean that although a lot selections are different the ROI that can be expected will be very similar.

Also as the selections vary would it be possible to bet on all (different) selections from both the racing post and the auto-sys and still make a ROI on even the ones that are not correlating?

Again sorry to be nag on about this but I really want to make sure that I get things right, and Im still deciding to wheather do it manually with RP or do the auto-sys or both.

Sorry to start sounding annoying, but Im still a bit confused as the auto-sys selections and manual selections (using the racing post) are very different, infact there doesnt seem to be too many selections that are the same,
    If you use different data sources (and bear in mind that Auto-Sys doesn't use the Racing Post) then you have to expect different qualifiers. The betting forecasts will be different for a start.

so when you are saying that this doesnt matter long term does it mean that although a lot selections are different the ROI that can be expected will be very similar.
    Long term you should make a decent ROI using the Auto-Sys selections. The differences between the RP list and the Auto-Sys list will balance out in the ling run.

Also as the selections vary would it be possible to bet on all (different) selections from both the racing post and the auto-sys and still make a ROI on even the ones that are not correlating?
    Without testing this I couldn't tell you.

Again sorry to be nag on about this but I really want to make sure that I get things right, and Im still deciding to wheather do it manually with RP or do the auto-sys or both.
    You're right to do the research up front so fair play to you.

When you have open fields Auto-Sys and manual are likely to differ more often as the betting F/c's will be more out of sync.

As always though, you stick to one method of doing things, and never blend them.

The systems are profitable to SP, and Betfair prices are more often than not more accurate than the RP.

Thanks

Thanks
    Any other subjects you'd like us to spin the answers on? :wink :D

Just going back to the original question (sort of) - JFP has been soaring recently. In 2008 it ran at an SR of a touch over 40% and produced a nice profit (I don't have figures in point terms to hand so I can't say how much profit really). This year the SR is around 46% (on the selections I have recorded) and is over 8pts up in the last 10 days or so.

hows the jfp and rfp doing havnt had a bet for a while for financial reasons

hows the jfp and rfp doing havnt had a bet for a while for financial reasons
    Hi Marky.

I started all of my systems again on the 26th November 2008, including the two you enquire about.

I started each with a £200 bank and, as things stand, my Running For Profit bank is circa £80 and my Jumping For Profit bank is circa £240.

Hope this helps.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

not doing too well then mate but i think allot of systems are under performing at present

not doing too well then mate but i think allot of systems are under performing at present
    I'd say it was early days to judge either way, to be honest.

I remember looking at the historical statistics when I purchased my systems from Keith and seeing that some were still in negative equity after three years!

Ultimately, they all appeared to get going and produced varying degrees of profit.

Patience is the key, however, I will admit, it is a little difficult at times. :)

If you are in a position to do so, I would look no further than the NH Quickfire with Auto-Sys membership and I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

The Trainer 3 and First Timer systems are worth their weight in gold, in my opinion.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Thread Information