Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Camera

Whn you first switch it on, it's normal mode is a wide'ish angle view. To zoom their should be a couple of buttons on it. It's time to read the instructions :)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

...And once you have found the buttons and it is zoomed in as far it seems to zoom, keep holding it down and it will zoom further... hopefully... that's what mine does anyway, as I discovered yesterday... :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

You've probably got a couple of buttons marked T and W? If so, the T (Telescopic) zooms in and the W (Wide) zooms out.

As Stereo has pointed out, you might have a digital zoom facility as well - if you keep the T button pressed, the camera should switch to digital (or virtual) when it reaches the limit of the optical (or real) mode.

This can normally be seen by a horizontal line in your viewfinder - the vertical line moving along it represents how much "zoom" you have applied - the hollow part of the horizontal line represents the digital portion of the zoom.

One other point to note though, because the actual focal length of digital cameras tends to be much smaller than SLR's or even some 35mm rangefinder cameras, you will find that the zoom you can actually see in the viewfinder/back panel won't be as significant as you would think. A 3x zoom doesn't mean that it will blow things up 3 times their size - it just means that the focal length of the lens is increased 3 times. If you start with a small focal length, then your zoom will give you three times that smallness - typically about 30-35mm in most digital cameras.

Usually you zoom out. It will stop, that is the end of the physical zoom. If you then press the button down, it will zoom again with the digital zoom, but this isn't true zooming, it just changes the pixels, and you can do that with software if you wish later on.

Ok I sorted the teething problems that I had, the problem now is that I want an AC adapter, most of the photos I take are indoors and as batteries are lasting for about 24 pictures maximum it is costing a fortune.
    What do I buy???
    I have seen 3v adapters and 5v adapters?
    I want to be able to take photos while it is plugged in with no need for batteries.Just to remind you all it is a Fuji A205s

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Erm, purchase some rechargeable 2300's from here http://www.battery-force.co.uk/show_...Batteries.html

It'll save you a fortune long term, and I get over 400 pics on them on my Fuji S500, and that includes using the zoom and flash.

RC103155 AA NiMH 2300mAh x 4 w/Charger 24 in stock
    £29.95 inc VAT
    The combination of 4 Uniross NiMH AA 2300mAh rechargeable batteries with one of the fastest chargers for AA or AAA batteries. It will charge even the high capacity 2300mAh batteries in only 75 minutes. The universal voltage (100V-240V) mains adapter, electronic charge control and its compact sleek case make for an exceptionally desireable charger. Its ability to charge any number of batteries of the same type add to its practicality. When compared to the Uniross RC103152, this charger is more compact, features a lighter mains adapter, can charge any number from 1-4 batteries, but doesn't have the in-car lead. Uniross part #RC103155.

I cant see it Keith are the batteries the 7th ad down?????

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

7th is two batteries, 12th is four, 18th is four and the recharger (which you need)

Depends what you want. My camera takes 4, so I always carry 8 X 2300's

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/page81.htm

Is the powerstation (4th down) the same ?

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Yes, but it's more expensive, and is an overnight charger, that's small print for 12 hours. The one I gave you takes 2-4 hours to recharge, and i s cheaper. Depends what you want.

Thread Information