Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Windows XP

Windows XP

I am thinking of upgrading my win 98 to win xp. Can any one tell me the cheapest place to get the upgrade and will all my other win 98 software work on it as well.

I have MS Office 97 plus lots of other stuff. I dont want to have to start getting all the software updates as well.........Bill Gates has had enough of my money :(

Cheers,

Paul

Ebay.....The new Windows Buena Vista is out in 2007

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks I will go and have a look.

Most will either work directly in XP or indirectly by using the Compatibility option - your Office 97 software should be fine although you might have problems with Autoroute. There are also a few silly bugs that can appear when you try to install parts of the Office suite. Earlier versions of Office, and Money 99 or earlier, can also be a problem - you'll probably need to tweak the registry, particularly any references to your CD/DVD drive, in order to get it to work.

Some games will run fine under XP but there are a number which won't - Riven is one example.

When you first attempt to install XP it should run a compatibility check and tell you which programs are likely to work and which ones won't. You then get the chance to continue with the installation if you wish.

Thanks for the info - much appreciated

Paul

Thread Information