Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: can i do it ?????

Sorry to hijack your thread Paul but...

Quote Originally Posted by wb View Post
    :splapme We don't know what a horses true chances are. We can only guess.
    Of course we do not know the true value WB thats why I said "in theory" But instead of guessing read the form book and make an informed opinion. Just like the Bookies odds compilers do.

If it can not be done then bookies would price up a race with all the horses the same price.

Are you really saying Wb that the stake should be the same on an 11/10 shot as it is for one at 20/1?

Ginge

Vic is offline Advanced Racing Club Member

That depends on how you bet Ginge - if you bet to win the same amount on each horse then of course you change your stake, but many folks on here follow a rising stake based on profitabilty plan - and yes, if their stake on a given day is £5, then it's £5 no matter waht the odds are - in fact all you need worry about is getting the best odds you can.

Of course the 11/10 will have a greater chance of winning than a 20/1 shot, in theory 47.6% vs 4.76% - but is the difference really that great, and say you can get 40/1 on the exchanges about the 20/1 shot.

There is no "right" way of doing it, just different ways of doing it - the true right way to do it is to be consistent in the approach and to get the best price you can:)

Good luck - Vic

Horses have no concept of money. They have no concept of price. They have no concept of favourite. All they know is that they have someone on their back and a load of other horses around them and they are being made to run. It's other 'horse' factors that affect how they perform.

Their 'price' is a human concept and is a reference to the amount of money being put on that horse in the hope that it will win. And there are many 'human' factors that affect that.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain. Time to die.

never mind

about all this fancy theorising whats happened to the tips?

Gazz:)

Yes Gazz.
    Hope Paul and his family are O.K.

Maybe he went to Royal Ascot?

Ginge

nice to see you guys have been keepin me thread active.:wink

due to very limited time on the forum i am going to suspend this thread for the time being . i will try to get it up and running as soon as humanly possible.sorry to anyone who is backing these but hopefully i will be back soon

never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity

Paul,
    Could Street cry or someone else post the selections on your behalf?

I am ashamed to say this is the first time that I've seen this thread. Has Paul knocked this on the head as I see he is still posting elsewhere on the forum or has someone bought his system out and sworn him to secrecy? :)

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

Thread Information