Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Infected with Spyware

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Infected with Spyware

A mate of mine seems to be infected with some sort of Spyware. Every time he tries to open a web page, he is taken to a pop up to go elsewhere. He ran spybot, but it's not picking it up. He said it is called CPVFEED

Any ideas?

Tada gan iarracht

I Googled it and it seems quite a common problem but one with quite long fixes that seem to involve running Hijack This and knowing what you're looking for, unfortunately.

So I can't be much use other than that. You need to shine that Glos beacon high and bright into the sky and hope he sees it

scaaty is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I Googled it and it seems quite a common problem but one with quite long fixes that seem to involve running Hijack This and knowing what you're looking for, unfortunately.

So I can't be much use other than that. You need to shine that Glos beacon high and bright into the sky and hope he sees it
    Just did the same and came to the same conclusion ! Beyond me I'm afraid, though one site did suggest trying the EWIDO spyware removal tool, so I guess your mate could try downloading that and running it until Glos or someone equally knowledgeable comes along.

*** Please do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality ***

microsoft do a free anti-spyware, not sure if it will get rid of the problem - but theres no harm in having 2 anti-spam / virus programmes.

Spyware Doctor will get rid of it, and a lot of other crap. Worth paying for (unless you can crack it!!), otherwise if you are not tech-minded, the free way is a bit complex. Very few others will remove these embedded pains in the ass.

With the $ to £ it's pretty cheap.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35648

Part of this may be of use :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Lavasoft Adaware should remove it.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/...e_personal.php

You might also have to download and run this file if the spyware file has been "disguised" to try to hide it from Adaware and Spybot.
    http://www.atribune.org/content/view/24/2/

Run Adaware and download the newest spyware definitions by clicking on the Webupdate button. Perform a normal scan, then reboot and start the PC in Safe Mode (Press F8 before the Windows screen appears). Make sure that you have no programs running then start Adaware again. Perform a FULL SCAN of the PC and delete any files it finds. Reboot normally and the problem should be solved.

Adware has never worked for really embedded malware when I've tried it on other folks machines, whereas that doctor thingy has.

Mind you, best not to get infected in the first place, if you have the right software in place :)

Always found this a nice simple/free, but effective tool http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information