Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: System Research Help

System Research Help

Hi

When researching systems there may be 5 - 10 years data available. If the system shows that over the last 5 years, that only the last 2 have made profit.

Could this be due to the fact that trainers have improved with better facilities, training techniques etc.

From previous thread of my mine, I know using the exchanges instead of the mainstream bookies could make profit.

The system that I have researched has made profit over the last 5 years using estimated Betfair prices, but only 2 using the SP.

Also what is considered a good SR and ROI.

Thanks

Jackster

2 years is not great but the compliance with current trends could mean that it will be profitable over the next few years , if u want to post the rules i could put em through rsb if u want to get a better picture for ya cheer ssc

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

cheers mate

what I have been looking at is the how often 7 day winners win again on the turf and aw.

I was using Adrian Masseys database, and using different varibles, racetype, age, sp pos found that the last 2 years were showing betterr profit/ or chance of profit than say 3-5 years ago.

I know that the database is not as good as RSB, due to the fact you can't really select 7 day winners. The closest option you have is 7-9 winners, so I can't really weed out the 8-9 day winners.

Left at the Dog and Crown, 1st left, keep right, just after the War Memorial
    I must admit I shy away from systems that dont dont show profitability over 5 years plus. Its easy for 'systems' to be profitable on odd years if there is a big odds winner for instance that distorts the stats. I prefer to see consistency over a longer period for my own peace of mind :wink. If you download Keiths Members Systems results for instance you'll see consistent year on year profitability, that's the secret in my humble opinion.

Its each to their own vis a vis ROI and strike rate. Some of the guys have systems posting on this forum with 15-20% S/Rates but a higher and more volatile ROI while others prefer 50-60% S/Rates and a lower but more predictable ROI. It comes down to what you are comfortable with in terms of losing runs. It's hard, when you're starting out, to take 15-20 losing bets in a row if your system has a low S/Rate.

Bear in mind also the 20% better odds on Betfair isn't a hard and fast rule. If you are following a high strike rate system based on selections at lower odds I'd be looking for 10+% better odds on Betfair over the longer term ( I have 11.86% over 300+ members NH bets for instance). If youre backing 16-1 shots or higher, then Betfair can offer more than 100% higher odds. Worth bearing in mind.

Good luck mate

If your using a 50%+ SR system, you can get lower than SP on Betfair on a number of horses that are odds-on.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I can't print out all the details on the 7 day winners Jack as thats in the members section at Flatstats and it wouldnt be right to post them outside that site without their permission.

However on both turf and all weather this idea has been mostly loss making over the last 10 years with 2 or 3 years profitable. Exclude longshots over 20-1 and obviously the ROI and S/R improve greatly as it does if you ignore fillies on the all weather but I cant see anything in the stats that has appeal without having to add too many filters and thus running the risk of back-fitting the stats to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If your using a 50%+ SR system, you can get lower than SP on Betfair on a number of horses that are odds-on.
    Oh yes, forgot the odds on ones, often Betfair odds are rubbish on those, especially after commission comes off.

ok cheers guys

Thread Information