Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Lay betting advice

Lay betting advice

This may sound like a stupid question but has anyone actually made good money from laying?

I've tried and failed on countless occasions and I just can't seem to produce a profit! Whenever I create a system which appears to work over the past year or so, when I put it into practice a 10/1 winner will come along destroy my hopes and dreams! All it takes is one big looser to turn me into a big looser and I just scrap the system, I've got no bottle to see if it will actually go on to work.

The biggest factor by far is the overbet. I know this would be greatly reduced if I could place my bets just before the off but due to work comitments I have to place all my bets at dinner time.

Am I chasing a lost cause trying to make a profit from laying?

its difficult but you can make money, all gambling is difficult if you lack dicipline and patience. You have to be prepared for far bigger swings than when backing. Lack of bottle is definaltly a no no.

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts

I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to laying, but I've always made money in the long run from it and wb has shown that it can be quite lucrative with his system threads.

If you lay longer prices then it's a real roller coaster ride at times and can be hard to deal with emotionally as you can make profit for three months on the trot and then have it wiped away in the space of a couple of days.

I don't lay horses bigger then 3/1 as I just don't like betting at short odds and I don't like roller coasters very much The shorter the price the less of an over lay there is and the smoother the ride. If you lay short price favs then a lot of the time your betting at near enough to SP so there isn't much of an overlay at all.

If you think you've found a good system then just paper trade it and let it run for at least a few hundred bets, anything less is pretty pointless. I would stick to horses near the head of the market to start with as it's better for the ol' ticker.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

the problem with lay systems is that you can't really back check them that accurately, as betfair lay prices and SP are so different.

you could try and lower you cut off price, to avoid the big hit's. or use a fixed liability staking plan, so you risk the same ammount on a long shot as a short price.

It is actually easier finding a profitable WIN system than a LAY :wink

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information