Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Tony Blair

Tony Blair

Tomorrow's news is bound to be dominated by Tony Blair taking centre stage in the Iraq war inquiry!

Are you even interested in what he has to say?

Do you think that the inquiry serves any purpose?

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Everything that has to be said has already been said I think, I doubt nothing new will be learnt.

The space cadets dream of him standing trial as a war criminal. That won't happen, he will probably come out of tomorrow smelling of roses.

It does make me laugh when the Tory party say they were misled when voting for the war. They were more for it than the labour backbenches, in fact Michael Howard was even saying after the event he would have gone in regardless of whether WMD existed or not - he thought that was the wrong reason. It was the Labour backbenches that had to be persuaded in that vote not the opposition.

Its dancing on a pinhead really. If they had got the second resoution would that have made the war and all what happened in its aftermath ok? The reason people are angry is it was a badly planned post war operation not the fact we invaded in the first place. Yeah the usual suspects, like the well meaning liberal people, the SWP, Tony Benn, Harold Pinter etc marched against it, but I cant remember many of the rabid right marching. These type of people would usually say, stuff the french, stuff the UN, we can do anything we like, we are British. Of course once it was all over and it became a source of discomfort to the government they suddenly cared about "wooly" things like UN resolutions and International law. It has to be noted that Tony Blair still won the following General election in 2005. I think hindsight has come out to play big time, once it become apparent it was not a simple victory parade then more people said they were against it from the start than actually were at the time.

So in short, those who have been waiting expectantly for 29th for Tony Blair to be sweating and shaking then i think you will be pretty disappointed. I expect a typical Blair performance, probably plenty of smiling rather than frowning, a few soundbites for the news and not a glove layed on him. He will probably be getting praised for being a smooth operator come the evening news.

It dont mean I agree with his decision to go to war but I also dont swallow the rewriting of history and the facts are the majority of the people against the war at the time were actually members of the Labour party and the left wing middle class, Liberals and SWP - Dave Cameron and Gideon Osbourne were probably too busy organising Bullingdon club reunions or some such nonsence.

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts

Was it legal? No according to 99.99999% of legal advisors around the world.
    Was the WMD written in fantasy land? Yes
    .... and the only reason for the war was Bush Jnr wanted to finish off what daddy started.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

A complete waste of time and money. Pity they could not make this enquiry illegal as was the Iraq war. The money would be better spent bringing Blair and Bush to trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Tomorrow's news is bound to be dominated by Tony Blair taking centre stage in the Iraq war inquiry!

Are you even interested in what he has to say?

Do you think that the inquiry serves any purpose?
    Rory Bremner asks the same question, or at least, does it matter?

But I'll be interested to see how the reality compares to the satire:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/this_week

Thread Information