Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Thailand situation

Thailand situation

My girlfriend is meant to be going to Thailand on Sunday is it safe to go ???? i personally wouldn't be going but it's not up to me. There are obviously many people stranded but are flights still going out there ???? and if so then why ? is it just Bankqoq that is affected any info greatfully received SC

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-...eania/thailand

"You should avoid air travel into or through Bangkok for the foreseeable future. Regional airports in Thailand are likely to be congested and we advise you to consider carefully before flying into or through any other airport in Thailand."

Bomb attacks, grenade attacks...

Don't go, is my advice SC. It's very unsafe.

A friend of my housemate is meant to be going to India in January to study for 7 months, and now she is unable to go.

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    "You should avoid air travel into or through Bangkok for the foreseeable future. Regional airports in Thailand are likely to be congested and we advise you to consider carefully before flying into or through any other airport in Thailand."

Bomb attacks, grenade attacks...

Don't go, is my advice SC. It's very unsafe.

A friend of my housemate is meant to be going to India in January to study for 7 months, and now she is unable to go.
    John

How come your houstmate cant go ?? i know it was a terrible that happened but normally these places are up and running and back to normal within a few months examples are places like Bali, London, Egypt ok not the same amount of people died but if anyone has been to Mumbai and the gateway to india just in front of the Taj Majhal hotel the crowds there are on anyday are awesome ( i was only in the taj majhal not so long ago only put photos on facebook the day before it happened). The problem is these things can happen anywhere in the world nowdays so in my opinion London is just as safe as India, with the amount of guns in the criminal world theses days that could have easily been any city in the world.

Thanks Guys,
    And sorry just realised i meant to post in "off topic" i'll suggest she doesn't go cheers sc

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

It is actually safe, no more dangerous than walking through the Bronx with a KKK shirt on

If she is going, she needs to change airports, as no flights are landing in the capital. Probably best going to a neighbouring country and driving in, that way she also has a way out.......and check the small print in her insurance.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Lowe,

She still might go but it's extremely unlikely - depends if the situation improves or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    My girlfriend is meant to be going to Thailand on Sunday is it safe to go ???? i personally wouldn't be going but it's not up to me. There are obviously many people stranded but are flights still going out there ???? and if so then why ? is it just Bankqoq that is affected any info greatfully received SC
    I was in Phuket when the trouble happened and there were no problems security problems there. The airport was affected because of the knock on effect of Bangkok's airports been closed but protesters did not occupy it.

I've been all over Thailand in the last month and felt safe in every city I have been in. I am going back to Thailand (hopefully tomorrow) and am not worried about any security issues. The protesters got want they wanted (the prime minister removed) and new elections called, so I don't see there been any problems within the near future.

I've ordered 100,000 yellow t-shirts.....meet me at Heathrow....we'll get rid of Gordon the same way :)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by sportingprofit View Post
    I was in Phuket when the trouble happened and there were no problems security problems there. The airport was affected because of the knock on effect of Bangkok's airports been closed but protesters did not occupy it.

I've been all over Thailand in the last month and felt safe in every city I have been in. I am going back to Thailand (hopefully tomorrow) and am not worried about any security issues. The protesters got want they wanted (the prime minister removed) and new elections called, so I don't see there been any problems within the near future.
    Good to see you SP - be safe.
    I don't see any problem at all with going anywhere.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Thread Information