Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Mondays Daily Topic

Mondays Daily Topic

Well today it has to be -
    Samantha Orobator.

Arrested last August for possession of Heroin at Laos airport before boarding a plane to Thailand.
    She has been held in prison ever since.
    Apparently she is now pregnant which has obviously happened in prison.

In Laos defendents meet with lawyers no sooner than a week before their trial so she hasn't actually been treat differently in that respect.
    I guess the big question is guilty or innocent.
    It seems unlikely that she would be carrying heroin without knowing, but not impossible perhaps if we knew where the heroin was it may make it clearer.

If she was intentionally carrying heroin then I'm sorry but she knew what the outcome would be should she be caught, and I believe she should face the laws of that country.

A strange fact is that her mum is now on tv begging for her to be brought back to the uk.
    This girl has been in jail since August, where did her mother think she was all this time?
    Did she know ?
    Why should she come back to the UK? Surely this should be between Laos and Nigeria where she was born?

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

She knew the penalty if she was caught
    IMO she should stay in prison until she gives birth then the baby taken of her and then they can carry out the death penalty which she deserves

Ah, it now appears her mother learnt of her arrest in September. No begging tv appearances then that I recall.
    The mother lives in Ireland with her other 3 daughters, the father is still in Nigeria, and Samantha lived in London with an aunt for the last 8 years.

Samantha was on holiday in Holland in July then somehow ended up in Laos carrying heroin her mother has no idea why she went there she was supposed to be going to Ireland.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

My first thought - WHO?

And my second, who cares?

For the past 10 years or more, people have been warned not to carry anything for anyone they don't know, and in my mind, that negates any talk of "Did she know..."

So it seems she made a deliberate detour for the drugs she didn't know she had!

Just because we treat such prisoners as though they are royalty, does not mean we have to force the rest of the word to be as pathetic.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I should have put money on this, always the same outcome.Why do we have to have all the criminals?

The foreign secretary has signed a prisoner transfer agreement with the Laos government.
    They have been assured she will not receive the death sentance, and could be eligible for transfer to the UK to serve any sentence.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

The authorities said at the time that they had no idea how she got pregnant whilst in jail because all the inmates and staff are femal.

Her mum has now stated that Samantha was not attacked or raped whilst in jail, and the father is not a prison official.

So I guess that only leaves a visitor?

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Lao officials have asserted that she may have managed to artificially inseminate herself whilst in jail in order to avoid the death penalty.

She has now been given a life sentance

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

I assume that she will now be transferred to a UK prisonas was agreed between authorities I believe.

On a sude note - can you imagine being this child and finding out later in life that the sole reason for your conception was so that your mother could avoid the death penalty for drug traffiking?

Hardly bares thinking about really

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Thread Information