Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Grimsby / Barnet

Grimsby / Barnet

I know these games probably fall into insignificance for most people bearing in mind how much we are programmed to pay attention to the title race and 4th place.

I'm also surprised we've seen no word from Mat or John on Grimsby's remarkable fight back from the death to be in even with a sniff of surviving this season.

Barnet are at home to already promoted Rochdale on Saturday whilst Grimsby travle to Burton knowing only a win and Barnet failing to collect maximum points will do.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    I'm also surprised we've seen no word from Mat or John on Grimsby's remarkable fight back from the death to be in even with a sniff of surviving this season.
    I'm rather torn on what I want to happen, to be honest.

A big part of me wants us to survive, obviously. Another part of me thinks we deserve to go down bearing in mind our form earlier this season and also the possibility that relegation might bring about a few changes at board level.

But all of me is currently gutted that I booked a holiday that means I will be out of the country for the last weekend of the season as I assumed it would all be done and dusted long before then!

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    But all of me is currently gutted that I booked a holiday that means I will be out of the country for the last weekend of the season as I assumed it would all be done and dusted long before then!
    Well I can guarantee that whatever it is you're doing at 3pm on Saturday, even if you're at the check-in desk or going through departures, or sat bored at your gate, or even sleeping in your hotel room, it will be much more exciting than anything going down in Burton.

To be honest I've lost all emotional feeling for Grimsby Town. Okay, not all. But nearly all. I couldn't name any of their first team players if you asked me to, let alone tell you anything about what's happening on the board right now.

Of course I want us to survive but I'm genuinely more excited by the fact that this is my 12,000th post.

Do I think we'll stay up? No. [And Rochdale have nothing to play for].
    Do I think we'll have an average/mediocre season next season whatever happens? Yes.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Of course I want us to survive but I'm genuinely more excited by the fact that this is my 12,000th post.
    Congratulations John :D

On the subjectc of not being able to name any of your players, I would say you're on a par with 90% of supporters of the big 4

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Congratulations John :D

On the subjectc of not being able to name any of your players, I would say you're on a par with 90% of supporters of the big 4
    Rooney....er...yeah you're right vegy. :D

Well done John on your 12,000 posts.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Cheers guys... Vegy has double at nearly 24k

Chelsea for the Barclays Foreign Premiership then? Can't exactly see them not beating Wigan on Saturday.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Thread Information