Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: mathare's gamblog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mat, something just crossed my mind that would be interesting to see if it pans out as the under/over 2.5 does. What about 3.5 goals? Should be easy enough to get the 3.5 odds as they'll no doubt correlate to what they are on 2.5, so a quick check on betfair/daq should mean you can back check that with your data.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Mat, something just crossed my mind that would be interesting to see if it pans out as the under/over 2.5 does. What about 3.5 goals? Should be easy enough to get the 3.5 odds as they'll no doubt correlate to what they are on 2.5, so a quick check on betfair/daq should mean you can back check that with your data.
    I can get current and future 3.5 goals odds but once again I don't have odds for past matches so can't back test. Also the 3.5 goals markets are limited to the exchanges so the competition for prices is less (and the markets are low liquidity) whereas the 2.5 goals markets are priced up my pretty much every bookmaker in the land so there is scope for competition on the prices

I have 3 football systems that I ran for around the last 1/2 to 1/3 of last season that were profitable. These were based on finding value in different markets (Half Time, Full Time and HT/FT). I havent started them this season as they use stats from the current season only so need a few games played first. I'm hoping the still stand up even with the more active season we're seeing.

Using the data from football-data.co.uk I also came up with a Half-Time lay system this season. I posted here in test mode for a bit but forget to update when I got too busy. It was simple - take the favourite from the FT market and lay them in the HT market as my previous stats said they only are leading at HT ~ 35%. Last update here it was +2.25pts but the following weekends were vey good with lots of favourites going down so it would have gone up a fair bit.

Finally with a little smart excel work (or write a little extraction program) you can find the odds for any betfair market in the past. Check out data.betfair.com. You can download spreadsheets of all markets which have every price that every runner was matched at and the 1st an last time these prices were matched. Very nice for back testing. :wink

Thread Information