Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merlin Footy Bets (Thread 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug OUFC View Post
    Nearly got both in there merlin...guess which one i followed you on

Dont like man u today?
    Doh......

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannoth make it drink

Man U game is tricky.....banana skin job.........woudnt touch it with your money...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

to be fair i got in late and it was already 1-1 so too late for overs

Man U @ 1.5 makes oxfords price yesterday look massive...or this price tiny...doesnt matter anyway my betting bank has been wiped out and my card has been declined . Tomorrows conference bets will have to be placed via the girlfriends bank account and a betting shop

The sport text commentary, with action and goals on video a few minutes after the event is here:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Fu...0-8646,00.html

Considering an MLS bet for later…haven’t placed it yet…will post if I do..

Colorado Rapids - Los Angeles Galaxy
    Fancy a small bet on the away...but overs would bem y main interest @ around 2.20

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Colorado Rapids - Los Angeles Galaxy (Kick-off Midnight UK time)
    AWAY @ 3.70 = 3 POINTS

OVERS @ 2.30 = 3 POINTS

6 POINT BET

Stats
    August 07
    - 8.92 Points
    (*17)............

Mark Twain.

Sport game fished 0-0....

And sport missed a penalty......twits....

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug OUFC View Post
    to be fair i got in late and it was already 1-1 so too late for overs

Man U @ 1.5 makes oxfords price yesterday look massive...or this price tiny...doesnt matter anyway my betting bank has been wiped out and my card has been declined . Tomorrows conference bets will have to be placed via the girlfriends bank account and a betting shop
    You nawty boy ...you need your little ass whacked......you have backed some winners recently...and results the last few weeks/months should see you through the dark tunnel.....

It could mean one of the following...

1) Your staking is too high...
    2) Your using your main betting bank for other things...like fun bets or chinese takeaways
    3) Your girlfriend has been withdrawing your betting fund...

You need to do some of the following...

1) Stop visiting expensive massage parlours...
    2) Set your bank up and dont touch it for other things...
    3) Either divide your bank into level stakes....or bet no more than 3% of it per bet...

I know that we all have differnt circumstances, but to have any chance of making money long term you got to have A separate betting bank – which doesnt prejudice other areas of your life…

You don’t have to start with a lump sum…you can pay in to your betting bank each week or month….

You know it makes sense….…..

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Colorado Rapids - Los Angeles Galaxy (Kick-off Midnight UK time)
    AWAY @ 3.70 = 3 POINTS

OVERS @ 2.30 = 3 POINTS

6 POINT BET

Stats
    August 07
    - 8.92 Points
    (*17)............
    The overs are in any way

Colorado Rapids 3-0 Los Angeles Galaxy

And its not even half-time yet

Mark Twain.

MONDAY
    Cork v Bray (in-running game on Betfair)
    1.47 @ BETFAIR

THIS IS A MAX BET HOME WIN FOR ME = 10 POINTS
    …………………………………………………………………….

Cambridge Utd v Ebbsfleet
    HOME WIN @ 1/1 generally available
    4 points

Mark Twain.

Well I am up working on some reports , so I may as well have a bet on the next MLS game…

Chivas look bankers here…..are unbeaten at home, and a win here can consolidate theor play-off claims……meanwhile , Salt Lake are crap away…..confirmed by the fact they are yet to win on the road…

CHIVAS V SALT LAKE

HOME WIN @ 1.48 BETFAIR…

8 POINTS

KICK-OFF 2.00AM UK time

Mark Twain.

Well I am up working on some reports , so I may as well have a bet on the next MLS game…

Chivas look bankers here…..are unbeaten at home, and a win here can consolidate theor play-off claims……meanwhile , Salt Lake are crap away…..confirmed by the fact they are yet to win on the road…

CHIVAS V SALT LAKE

HOME WIN @ 1.48 BETFAIR…

8 POINTS

KICK-OFF 2.00AM UK time
    1-0

Mark Twain.

LA played without almighty Beckham... :)

Well, what is more certain for tonight game...
    Cork to win with handicap or 1-1?
    I'm totally sure that they will win, they are in form, they have 2 games to play, and result of Bohemians and St.Patrick are going very well for them. If they win this 2 games they can be second on table...
    So...it's now or never for them.

Maxyserb....I agree with everything that you said in your post, Cork City should be able to win this match tonight. The price for a home win is kind of poor if you ask me, it's that poor I honestly wouldn't touch it.
    I would rather take the handicap bet or bet over 2.5 goals in this game.

Yeah...I don't like to play values under 1.6 either...
    Will see...I have to have some cover bet beside this...
    Handicap is about 2.5, and 1-1 is 2.15...
    I don't like to lose on Half-time so I'll probably take Handicap -1 as a main bet.

I've noticed that both clubs have quite a few players out injured, so with so many first team regulars out? I'm going to be betting on Over 2.5 goals as my main bet. I also noticed that 4 out of the last 6 matches between these two sides ended up going Over 2.5 goals
    Cork City have won 6-0 and 3-0 in there last two home matches against BrayWanderers.

So a bet on Over 2.5 goals it is for me....:D

Good Luck with your bet MaxySerb...

MaxySerb what website to you get your info on for the Irish games? I normally use this one.

http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news/7208.html

Well...I have several sites for that informations. That one is very good. Normally, when I'm taking some serious single, I like to visit official club sites also...
    For Irish football I'm using that one.

Colm Carroll (Cruciate Knee Ligament) will not be involved as he remains sidelined by injury, although he has now returned to taking an almost full part in training. Liam Kearney was substituted with a knee injury against Waterford and is rated as doubtful for the clash, while Sean Kelly (knee) and Gareth Farrelly (Groin Strain) are both also struggling with injuries.

Maybe I should forget the overs bet, I've just noticed that there has been 4 games played this season in the Irish Premier League, when the home team has been priced @ 2/5 (1.40) of these 4 games the home side won 3 of the matches and the other match ended a draw, and all 4 games were under 2.5 goals.....

We must be due an overs then...:D

:D

Yeah...

Well, I have picked this. Alea iacta est!

Cork - Bray 1-1 at 2.15 - 6e
    Cork - Bray X-1 at 4.50 - 5e
    Cork - Bray Cork to win with (-1) at 2.50 - 5e

I hope that those two last will pass... :D

I'll stick with the original overs bet and the -1 handicap, and hopefully they will both come in and it will start my week off on a more positive side. Last weeks bets were very poor, they seemed to go 1 winner 2 losers if you know what I mean....:splapme

My God...
    They are losing 0-2...
    I can't believe it...

2-2 83'.

If they win now, I'll hate them for the rest of my life.
    Only if they win 4:2 will suit me...

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    I've noticed that both clubs have quite a few players out injured, so with so many first team regulars out? I'm going to be betting on Over 2.5 goals as my main bet. I also noticed that 4 out of the last 6 matches between these two sides ended up going Over 2.5 goals
    Cork City have won 6-0 and 3-0 in there last two home matches against BrayWanderers.

So a bet on Over 2.5 goals it is for me....:D

Good Luck with your bet MaxySerb...

At least the Overs came in....

I simply hate them...they had best defense at home after Bohemians and Shams in the league...at least on paper...

Yes...it was over 2.5...but I didn't cover it...

What is happening with all this games...I can't understand it anymore... :splapme

Gotta laugh...or I will cry....

Mark Twain.

Gotta laugh...or I will cry....

The low price on Cork tonight put me off the straight win bet, I had thought about putting this match forward for a Monty bet, but i just didn't like the low price. If the Cork City price had been anything over 1.53 I probably would have taken it.
    Last week Bray-W had an away match against Derry -C and in that match Derry-C were a much bigger price than what Cork were tonight ,yet there were only 4 points of a difference between Cork and Derry in the league. I honestly didn't think Cork were any better than what Derry were at home, so I had thought I would have got a similar price as last weeks game. It's strange how the bookies work out their prices out at times.

Never mind... better move on to the next bet...:splapme

Sure...but its just me at the moment...I am in that dark betting tunnel....I know this coz my other bets (horses) are the same.....thought i was seeing light the other day…but it was an illusion….

Mark Twain.

Merlin when I get that same problem I usually take 2-3 days off and away from betting, I do this mainly because if I don't take the time off, I usually end up placing stupid bets that I normally wouldn't touch.
    Take the time to look up some bets than are being played later in the week, find at least 10 good matches and from that 10 narrow it down to 2-3 teams that you think will definately win? and then start betting again with your chosen picks.

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Merlin when I get that same problem I usually take 2-3 days off and away from betting, I do this mainly because if I don't take the time off, I usually end up placing stupid bets that I normally wouldn't touch.
    Take the time to look up some bets than are being played later in the week, find at least 10 good matches and from that 10 narrow it down to 2-3 teams that you think will definately win? and then start betting again with your chosen picks.
    http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showt...721#post434721

Good advice…M…will I listen though……

Mark Twain.

Merlin....Your not the only one mate whos been in that dark tunnel, we all go through bad spells. A few weeks ago I placed 5 singles, my bets consisted of 4 home wins and the other match I had taken for a draw. The 4 home matches all ended up drawing and guess what the one i took for a draw ended up as a home win. I honestly thought about giving up betting when that happened.

Merlin Footy Bets (Thread 2)

Added to the fact that you support Ayr United, I'm surprised that you haven't given up everything connected with football.:wink

Thread Information